Contour next one 1.0 above Codefree

Ojustaboo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all, been using codefree for months and am more than happy with it.

I entered the draw on facebook for the Contour one, and received one (I suspect everyone with diabetes who enters, gets one) , but I don't get strips on prescription, so it's going to be sitting in a cupboard until such times as my GP surgery changes their mond.

But it was supplied with a few test strips, so I thought I'd compare it;ls readings with the codefree.

I just pricked my finger a little harder than normal, and did both machines from the same drop of blood.

Tried a few times over a few days, whatever my codefree said, the Contour One was exactly 1.0 higher. If Codefree said 5.7, Contour said 6.7.

Which one do I believe :) I'll be carrying on with the Codefree, and as I'm used to it's readings, I'll carry on regardless, but it does make me wonder how many other monitors disagree with each other.

Alison Campbell

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi I used the contour next one and I think it reads slightly high compared to my blood drawn at a hospital. This works fine for me as I don't need to worry about medication making me hypo. It does read more accurate at hypo levels. but I rarely get below 4 these days. I love the bluetooth conectivity with my smart phone and I self fund test strips anyway.

Energize

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Teh surgery changed the strips they prescribed to GlucoRx Nexus system (presumably due to negotiating a good deal on them) and I discovered the Nexus reads at least 1.0 + more than the glucometer they previously provided (Accu-Chek, I think)

The only consolation I get is that my HbA1c might reflect a lower result ;)