Type 2 Controlling Blood Sugars

Julie27318

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
When i was Borderline 5 years ago someone told me it changes and you won't always behable to keep good control.....so is this controlling it only temporary then....is there going to come a time when nothing will work and the sugars will just rise and rise and destroy us!!!

Reactions: kitedoc

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
When i was Borderline 5 years ago someone told me it changes and you won't always behable to keep good control.....so is this controlling it only temporary then....is there going to come a time when nothing will work and the sugars will just rise and rise and destroy us!!!
No one knows the future. With good control and a low carb diet, anything good is possible. It will, at the very least, delay any progress or complications.

what is your HbA1c and what sort of diet do you have?

Julie27318

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No one knows the future. With good control and a low carb diet, anything good is possible. It will, at the very least, delay any progress or complications.

what is your HbA1c and what sort of diet do you have?
I don't know my HbA1c but most of what i eat as zero carbs

Reactions: Prem51 and kitedoc

archersuz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Someone with T2 who is now on metformin described himself as 'more diabetic' than me. I like to think that I am just as diabetic but better controlled!

Julie27318

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I see that you had a HbA1c of 55 in March this year, so may be due another test in September?

what else do you eat?
Oh yeah it was now u mention it that was when i was told i was Diabetic no longer Borderline!!!I also eat cauliflour and cabbage to be honest i always get stuck for ideas what to keep having!!

Reactions: Prem51 and kitedoc

Geoffno6

Yeah but i forgot.I eat things like Mackerel,Salmon,Vegetables and minced beef,Chicken,

There’s definitely carbs in veg and I see you have milk too which contains carbs. I’m not saying that a tiny amount of carbs are terrible and for a vaguely normal diet they’re pretty much unavoidable.

Julie27318

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
There’s definitely carbs in veg and I see you have milk too which contains carbs. I’m not saying that a tiny amount of carbs are terrible and for a vaguely normal diet they’re pretty much unavoidable.
Yeah but i think it's only certain veg isn't it?

M

Moggely

Seems like your diet is quite good julie but you do sound a little like what i was or maybe still am at certain times. Always worried about what goes into your mouth. It' can be really stressful. But the thing is we do have to eat don't we and just about everything has carbs in it. Nice to see your questions, i enjoy the answers, as i take them on board for myself.

Reactions: Prem51 and Antje77

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh yeah it was now u mention it that was when i was told i was Diabetic no longer Borderline!!!I also eat cauliflour and cabbage to be honest i always get stuck for ideas what to keep having!!
Do you test your BS? That way you will be able to find out what foods you can eat or need to avoid/have smaller portions and enable you to vary your diet

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Yeah but i think it's only certain veg isn't it?

Please read the forum ..... this time, carefully. The help is here for you, but you also need to put in a lot of effort with research

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Most vegetables have some carbs in them, even eggs and cheese do, not a lot but they all add up. As stated above have a good look through the forum as it's a great resource. It can be hard to find a balance between trying to reduce carbs but still eating in a sustainable way. If you are too restrictive you may find that you aren't enjoying your meals which in turn makes it easier to fall back into old habits.