COOKERY TV PROGRAM for Diabetics ???

Eliminator

Dislikes
People who talk ***** and tell lies.
Hi All,

I am after some thoughts on a new TV series, a cookery program that focuses on carb counting for diabetics, along with all other things like allergies, dairy products and alternative ingredients like "splender" to "sugar".

I don't think there has been a show in the UK that is just for showing this info and showing people how to cook healthy for everyone. Not only will it be providing exellent new idea's but you can also send in your own kitchen masterpieces that might even feature on the show.

I am in talks with a major TV company right now, and if the ball starts rolling. I am gona need some serious help and idea's.

I have only been on TV a couple of times in the past, and this is a totaly new thing for me.

What do you think, does it sound good ?

I can't name the TV Channel at the moment, but as soon as I can any news I will post it on here.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Wonderful!! :D
However are they going to let you get away with carb control recipes? Generally that flies in the face of "Current dietary advice". I have a good collection of recipes if you want some
Hana

Vikingepigen

Excellent!! I have in the past written to several chefs, asking them to consider doing such a show/programme and/or book. Perhaps the time is just right now for something like this to take off - and about HIGH TIME TOO!!!

Not only diabetic can benefit from this - there are athletes and professionals with shift work and/or irregular hours eg. drivers (very up in the news), policemen/woman, security guards, opera singers etc. who could be involved. Not difficult to come up with ideas at all. And as for recipes, I am sure everyone would be able to supply you with so many to keep the programme going for a couple of years!! :lol:

Give us a shout if and when needed.

Good luck!
Alice

ally5555

I am curious - is this a low carb cookery show. I have had some input into a few tv projects and one thing is for sure they will want input from HP .

Why would athletes and police officers need a low carb show. Athletes need carbs and my other half is a police officer and he doesnt need a low carb diet lol

Vikingepigen

Who said it was going to be a Low Carb cookery programme????

am after some thoughts on a new TV series, a cookery program that focuses on carb counting for diabetics, along with all other things like allergies, dairy products and alternative ingredients like "splender" to "sugar".

We are talking diabetics here - as a group, not just Low Carb diabetics.

Alice

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I'd watch it! I'd offer any help I could, too...

Cowboyjim

Best of luck with such a TV prog. I can see some problems though - nearly everything I have had to sit through on TV that's cooking-related is awful for many reasons. Hygiene for a start but mostly the ridiculous amounts of bad stuff they put in it. Has to look good and taste good etc. Dumb really though when we can't smell any of the food they prepare.
What could be really good though is the possibility of raising awareness of diabetes and how prevalent it is.

Eliminator

Dislikes
People who talk ***** and tell lies.
Ok, the TV company have asked me to get in touch with a production company to put something together. So I just just got in touch with Lime Pictures as this is my local production company who do hollyoaks and some other drama programs, they also have other media companies under other names for this sort of thing, so I am just waiting for them to get back to me.
Finger crossed.

The idea does include car counting and awareness, but not only for diabetes, but for nut, wheat, dairy and many other allergies too.

There would be just as much awarness of these things as there is the cooking the food.

It's still all just an idea and a few pages of stuff I have worked on so far.

Maybe it might all just get kicked in the teeth, but if I don't try, I will never know.

katiepudding

Brilliant idea, I get fed up with watching cookery programmes with puddings and cakes I cannot try, I loved meringue but have never found a recipe that's any good that doesn't have sugar in it, it would be so nice to make the odd treat that you know is not going to blow your sugar levels out of the stratosphere.............looking forward to the programme:) :D

dwibley

That sounds like a great idea. There seems to be a cookery show for myriads of different people at the moment. Would be great to see them cater (no pun intended!) for diabetics for a change considering diabetes has been on the rise worldwide for a while now.

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
It may or may not be a good idea but this thread is 3 years old and the OP hasnt posted here for 18 months so Im guessing it came to nothing.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I'd love to be involved in something like that, but I'm afraid that the dietary orthodoxy in this country would make any such programme useless; that is the belief by the medical profession that we all NEED to eat carbs.
I have watched "Food Hospital" occasionally and even though they show their successes, they have never shown a low carber.
Hana