Coping or rather not coping

GranRita

Coping,or not! I was diagnosed almost 2 years ago, & I remarked to my eldest son, 'well, it will just have to learn to live with me, not me with it!! His reply, Go for it Mum, you can do it! Began with score of 16.8. now my scores are in the regionof 6.7 or lower. Adapted lifestyle. Think healthy eating, not diabetic diet. Little of everything. even treats ( piece of cream cake & chocolate yesterday, someone's birthday at our dance club) Plenty fruit, salads, It is amazing how you adapt. I now do not eat biscuits at home, Do not now want them, even. So, chin up, its a brand new lifestyle, & I have lost weight in the process. There are some compensations, after all.

GranRita

Hi. Helen Louise. Further to what Isaid in my 1st. reply, I would not start reading books on special diets etc. I simply carried on as normal, with a few adjustments. i too like cooking & baking, & you still can, just limit what you eat yourself. I never tell myself 'oops, I cant have that' & we have not cut out Butter, or full cream milk because of diabetes. My diabetic clinic is pleased with my management of the condition so I feel quite pleased. It does get easier. Hang in there, Love, there are quite a few of us around to support you. Common sense does help, you know!!

helen louise

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you so much for all your replies

Feeling better now after a few days of feeling very emotional :)

We were very busy at the weekend which helped in two ways firstly I didn't have time to wallow around like I do during the week!
second because were were out we ate out apart from breakfast & my levels didn't rise above what they had been so really pleased, even managed to eat some lovely pizza from Zizzi's & a lovely three course meal at a italian restaurant on saturday night as it was my husbands birthday