Coughed up blood this morning

Andrew S

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Snobs! Angry people who keep getting angry and can't calm down.
I was a bit shocked when I coughed up some blood this morning. My flatmate actually rang 999 as I had a temporary drop in blood pressure with visual disturbance I think due to the shock. We cancelled the ambulance as my condition improved and of course I will get my GP to check me over.

I have read that people with diabetes are vulnerable to TB, but just hoping it was due to a bad chest infection and coughing a bit too hard.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
Andrew S said:
I was a bit shocked when I coughed up some blood this morning. My flatmate actually rang 999 as I had a temporary drop in blood pressure with visual disturbance I think due to the shock. We cancelled the ambulance as my condition improved and of course I will get my GP to check me over.

I have read that people with diabetes are vulnerable to TB, but just hoping it was due to a bad chest infection and coughing a bit too hard.

Hopefully it's just where you've coughed too hard but you're doing the right thing by seeing the doc for the once over.

Good luck! :wink:

Paul

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
agreed see the doc

fella in work was coughing up blood last week and it turned out to be tonsillitus, so not neccersarily (cant spell that sorry) anything sinister

best of luck

Andrew S

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Snobs! Angry people who keep getting angry and can't calm down.
Thanks Andy and Paul. My doctor put it down to 'flu although I have no other symptoms of 'flu and have had a fairly recent jab!

They are hauling me in for some tests for other things now (as well as an HbA1c) which I might address in other more appropriate threads (bladder issues)!

If it's not one thing it's another...;-)

Thundercat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Andrew! I hope you get to the bottom of this soon. Don't know what your doc is thinking but of you had flu you'd know it. Basic rule of thumb for flu - if you can stand up and walk, it's not flu:) Look after yourself and let us know how you get on