Could Have Ironed It...

• Thread starter Deleted member 308541
  • Start Date

Arab Horse

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ah, well I would but it is soooo hot here at the moment; unlike you Aussies we are used to cold, wet and windy (the weather not actually us, or most of us anyway) so I will have to wait for our usual weather to come back. The hot weather is due to stay for another couple of weeks and, being elderly, by then I will probably have forgotten about it so off the hook again.

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Ah, well I would but it is soooo hot here at the moment; unlike you Aussies we are used to cold, wet and windy (the weather not actually us, or most of us anyway) so I will have to wait for our usual weather to come back. The hot weather is due to stay for another couple of weeks and, being elderly, by then I will probably have forgotten about it so off the hook again.
Ah, but with mobile phones and their alarms and reminder systems who needs an actually human working memory? I certainly do not think my memory is proficient (if I actually did have one these days). And electrical gadgets like fans are surely in vogue in your neighbourhood ? It reminds me of a joke about a past US president: They, in the US, had invented a new computer, named after this American president, and it was remarkable for its lack of a memory key.
And I have been experimenting with ironing my kite making material (rip-stop nylon) to try to eliminate creases in it. Not successful so far but at least the material has not melted onto the iron ! (yet!) No wallpaper here so no excuses for steaming it off.
Of course, there is always the thought of using steam iron for plastic surgery !!

Arab Horse

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
"Of course, there is always the thought of using steam iron for plastic surgery !!"

OMG, what a fantastic idea, never thought of that. I will be wrinkle free once I iron myself. Just rushing off to get said new implement of torture.

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
"Of course, there is always the thought of using steam iron for plastic surgery !!"

OMG, what a fantastic idea, never thought of that. I will be wrinkle free once I iron myself. Just rushing off to get said new implement of torture.
It puts substance to the idea of ironing oneself out I guess. Why haven't the plastic surgeons thought of this ? Although the after-effects are rather drastic. If I tried it on my beginning-to-droop upper eyelids I wonder at the results !

Crocodile

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I can't have it often
Ironing has always been a pink job.

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Ah well I can iron and use a sewing machine, wash up, dry up, cook basic recipes. Does that make me a self-made, house-trained man ? And what colour might I be ???

Crocodile

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I can't have it often
Ah well I can iron and use a sewing machine, wash up, dry up, cook basic recipes. Does that make me a self-made, house-trained man ? And what colour might I be ???

Alas, I do all those things too. Mrs Pink has the whip hand with the denial of certain conjugal rights should compliance not be observed to her ultimate satisfaction.

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
I fully sympathise, being in the same boat !

Arab Horse

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

No, but it certainly makes you "catch of the week". I know, you are going to tell me you are already taken, sigh.

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
I am afraid I am @Arab Horse and adherent to my un-ironed kites. I am also a 'travel novice' in the sense of whilst being born near Oxford and my parents returning with me (at age 3) and my brother (age 1) to Australia ( and me being rescued from climbing up the ship stays on the way), I have since never ventured from Australia beyond NZ and Singapore.
Ah, but I yearn to see 'Poldark' country. Perhaps one day, kite in hand !!! And I would endevour to meet you all.

Arab Horse

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh dear, never mind; I will just have to remain wrinkled!!!! I was in Singapore with my family (dad in the RAF), happiest days of my life. Worked in Saudi for several years before returning to settle in sunny Suffolk. Would love to see Australia and as I love the heat it wouldn't bee too bad for me.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
lol this thread talks about ironing being a waste of time...yet the thread is on it's second page now...so talking about it being a waste of time is somehow productive? o_O:)

Arab Horse

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
lol this thread talks about ironing being a waste of time...yet the thread is on it's second page now...so talking about it being a waste of time is somehow productive? o_O:)

Just think, if we were busy ironing we wouldn't have the time to be on here!!!!