Approved COVID-19 survey

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi everyone - there has been lots of talk about COVID, health, and apps/data over the last few months - both on the forum and in the media in general. Digital healthcare has seismically come into its own in the last 3 months.

Smart phone apps, including ones supported by governments, are being tested and rolled out globally to trace people who might be infected. They vary in design and each country is using the data differently. Concerns have been raised about personal privacy and ethics.

If you are 18 years or older, we would like to know your views on COVID-19, health and location data, and how data from individuals is used in the control of the infection.

If you would like to take part, please visit this link: https://ddm.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/covid-19

The insights generated from the study will help inform policy makers, public health doctors, app designers and other researchers with their work. Your participation is voluntary. You may choose to provide your email address in order to receive a final report about the study.

Reactions: Pipp

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Completed.
Did you discover why this survey is directed at people with diabetes? If it is about privacy and the ethics of covid data collection are diabetics any different from the general population?

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Did you discover why this survey is directed at people with diabetes? If it is about privacy and the ethics of covid data collection are diabetics any different from the general population?
You could try asking the OP.
It is not a concern of mine.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I asked you because you had completed the questionnaire.
Ah, right. That wasn’t obvious in your question, or the survey.
I would guess that it is ‘directed at people with diabetes’ because it is in this forum? Not sure if the survey has been posted elsewhere. Once again, I think the OP would be able to provide the answers. I am just a willing participant.

Edit to add: There is a page prior to consent with details of who to contact for further info.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
And a bump here, please folks.

It only takes about 5 minutes to complete the survey. You can be as anonymous as you like.