1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Approved COVID-19 survey

Discussion in 'Diabetes Research' started by Administrator, Jul 14, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Administrator

Administrator Family member · Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Administrator

Hi everyone - there has been lots of talk about COVID, health, and apps/data over the last few months - both on the forum and in the media in general. Digital healthcare has seismically come into its own in the last 3 months.

Smart phone apps, including ones supported by governments, are being tested and rolled out globally to trace people who might be infected. They vary in design and each country is using the data differently. Concerns have been raised about personal privacy and ethics.

If you are 18 years or older, we would like to know your views on COVID-19, health and location data, and how data from individuals is used in the control of the infection.

If you would like to take part, please visit this link: https://ddm.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/covid-19

The insights generated from the study will help inform policy makers, public health doctors, app designers and other researchers with their work. Your participation is voluntary. You may choose to provide your email address in order to receive a final report about the study.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Pipp

Pipp Type 2 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

3. Mr_Pot

Mr_Pot Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Did you discover why this survey is directed at people with diabetes? If it is about privacy and the ethics of covid data collection are diabetics any different from the general population?

4. DavidGrahamJones

DavidGrahamJones Type 2 · Well-Known Member

5. Chook

Chook Type 2 · Expert

6. Pipp

Pipp Type 2 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

You could try asking the OP.
    It is not a concern of mine.

7. Mr_Pot

Mr_Pot Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I asked you because you had completed the questionnaire.

8. Pipp

Pipp Type 2 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

Ah, right. That wasn’t obvious in your question, or the survey.
    I would guess that it is ‘directed at people with diabetes’ because it is in this forum? Not sure if the survey has been posted elsewhere. Once again, I think the OP would be able to provide the answers. I am just a willing participant.

Edit to add: There is a page prior to consent with details of who to contact for further info.

9. Goonergal

Goonergal Type 2 · Moderator
    Staff Member

10. DCUKMod

DCUKMod I reversed my Type 2 · Master
    Staff Member Administrator

And a bump here, please folks.

It only takes about 5 minutes to complete the survey. You can be as anonymous as you like.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook