Type 2 Covid jabs

pauldogs_0

Hi All, I'm rather concerned about the fact that I have not been able to get an appointment to be tested for covid 19. Also I'm curious about the jabs. I'd like to know which of the jabs are best for a male with type 2 diabetes.

Does anyone have any thoughts please?

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All, I'm rather concerned about the fact that I have not been able to get an appointment to be tested for covid 19. Also I'm curious about the jabs. I'd like to know which of the jabs are best for a male with type 2 diabetes.

Does anyone have any thoughts please?
Do you mean tested or vaccinated? Assiming UK here, there are some regional differences but At least one jab should have been done for all vulnerable now likely months ago (which majority of T2 fall into, some are classed as clinically vulnerable) and for significant proportion the 2nd jab should have been done too.

If you have been missed by your doctor you need to contact them

Regarding which best, as far as I know you have no choice in the matter.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'd like to know which of the jabs are best for a male with type 2 diabetes.
I am a male and I have had my first AstraZenaca vaccination last month, with the second AZ vaccination due next month.

I have had nor now side effects including no blood clots.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
As far as I am aware, there is no choice about which vaccination one is offered in the uk.

VashtiB

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You might want to put on where you are from as different countries are taking different approaches. In Australia your age may also matter.

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
My mum who has MS and Cancer was offered her first about a month before me, making her 2nd due a few weeks back but she didn't get an invite for the second

she phone GP and was told there was shortages of the AZ vaccine and would get a call as soon as available.. she got a call a couple of days ago.

i get a text thursday to book my second

you don't get a choice to which one you get... it depends which one your vaccine centre has

If you have diabetes and are in the UK you could call you GP and see why you have not been offered it yet