Covid vaccine and T1D, what are your views?

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@TimLibre The decision in the Uk for AZ is risk. The risk of blood clots for the older age group and vulnerable people (Type 1s included) is minuscule in comparison to the risks if you get Covid. For the younger fit age group that risk gap is much smaller. Hence a different vaccine. Every time you take a paracetamol there is a risk. Most people down them without even reading the side effects.
Had my 2nd AZ at the weekend very different reaction to the first time when was ill. Basically wouldn’t know I had had it. For me all the risks far outweighed risking Covid. Plus I want my life back.

bmtest

I will not be taking just because I have only myself to blame.

For the good of the community and society it really should be taken if you have not had it though.

Plus I have worked all through lockdowns travelled on buses and trains and felt like I have has it twice almost year apart. Second time not half as bad.

MandieA

I had AZ and was really ill with it, about 3 weeks afterwards I was diagnosed with T1. Although I'm sure I must've had it before the jab, after I had it I lost more than one dress size in 2 weeks and got all the other symptoms. I think being low and ill may have exasperated it. I will still have my 2nd jab when invited but at least now I've been diagnosed I can check my levels and treat accordingly x