covid

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
so you have no specific reference that relates to covid?
Just a general ‘it happens with some/most/many viruses, so ‘common sense’ means it must be true of covid.

I prefer to wait for actual evidence, since covid behaves in ways that vary significantly from some/most/many viruses.
See second link?

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just a general ‘it happens with some/most/many viruses, so ‘common sense’ means it must be true of covid.

I prefer to wait for actual evidence, since covid behaves in ways that vary significantly from some/most/many viruses.

edited to add: thank you. Your second post gives an actual study on covid. I will read it now. :)

edited again, to add: What a pity. The study you linked to is for a minute number of people (compared with, say, the population of Israel, or the UK) over 5 months, they only compared natural immunity with the Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine, not the other vaccines, and they used old outdated figures claiming the AZ is only effective at 62.1%. They should update that.
@bulkbiker I still don’t think your blanket claim is validated by that study. Got any more?
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/...but-people-may-still-carry-and-transmit-virus

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
If you have had COVID then you have a far better naturally acquired immunity than any artificial vaccine will give you.
Why are you bothered?
Do you have data supporting this statement?

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
yes thanks. I responded above, and tagged you in.
From the linked SIREN study:

"This means even if you believe you already had the disease and are protected, you can be reassured it is highly unlikely you will develop severe infections but there is still a risk that you could acquire an infection and transmit to others. Now more than ever it is vital we all stay at home to protect our health service and save lives."

Therefore there may be a protection for oneself for an unspecified time, but the risk to others is still there.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

edited to add: thank you. Your second post gives an actual study on covid. I will read it now. :)

edited again, to add: What a pity. The study you linked to is for a minute number of people (compared with, say, the population of Israel, or the UK) over 5 months, they only compared natural immunity with the Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine, not the other vaccines, and they used old outdated figures claiming the AZ is only effective at 62.1%. They should update that.
@bulkbiker I still don’t think your blanket claim is validated by that study. Got any more?

You asked I provided.. I suggest you do some more research yourself if my link wasn't sufficient.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
From the linked SIREN study:

"This means even if you believe you already had the disease and are protected, you can be reassured it is highly unlikely you will develop severe infections but there is still a risk that you could acquire an infection and transmit to others. Now more than ever it is vital we all stay at home to protect our health service and save lives."

Therefore there may be a protection for oneself for an unspecified time, but the risk to others is still there.
Just like after having the vaccine?

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you @bulkbiker and @lucylocket61 for providing the requested links. This thread is now moving away from the specific question posed by the OP in respect of their situation. Please could that be respected, and more general discussion/debate about the Covid vaccine taken elsewhere? Thanks.

Edited for typo

Last edited:

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
All. A couple of posts have been deleted for derailing the thread. Please bear in mind the original post when responding. Thanks.