1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Cricket, CGM and Pump

Discussion in 'Fitness, Exercise and Sport' started by acbrom, Feb 29, 2016.

1. acbrom

acbrom Type 1 · Member

Having just discovered that @tim2000s s has a website about cricket and diabetes I'm gutted that I missed the chance to speak to you directly at the recent #pwdc2016 event (apologies, hopefully next year :))! I'm a big cricket fan myself and play regularly for local team and have a few concerns regarding diabetes technology, particularly wearing a pump and CGM whilst playing.

I'm due to start on the pump on Thursday along with a free trail of Dexcom G4 sensors and with cricket season approaching I was wondering if you could share any experiences, tips, etc where you may have worn these whilst playing?...a lot of people have said that wearing a CGM on the arm is much better and cheaper as it lasts longer. However, how does it cope if your a bowler? will it come off?

Where do you put a pump when batting? Have you ever been hit on the pump :wideyed:?

Thanks in advance!

2. tim2000s

tim2000s Type 1 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

Hi @acbrom, sorry I missed you at the weekend. I've been using the Libre throughout last summer and during next and have had no issues at all with it. I'm a bowler and it stayed well stuck down throughout.

I've only used a pump in nets, and I wore it on the back of my trousers when I was batting. No issues with it there, although I've not tried it in a game. When bowling I kept it in a pocket, although, a waist band under your shirt might also be sensible.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook