Cricket, CGM and Pump

acbrom

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Having just discovered that @tim2000s s has a website about cricket and diabetes I'm gutted that I missed the chance to speak to you directly at the recent #pwdc2016 event (apologies, hopefully next year :))! I'm a big cricket fan myself and play regularly for local team and have a few concerns regarding diabetes technology, particularly wearing a pump and CGM whilst playing.

I'm due to start on the pump on Thursday along with a free trail of Dexcom G4 sensors and with cricket season approaching I was wondering if you could share any experiences, tips, etc where you may have worn these whilst playing?...a lot of people have said that wearing a CGM on the arm is much better and cheaper as it lasts longer. However, how does it cope if your a bowler? will it come off?

Where do you put a pump when batting? Have you ever been hit on the pump :wideyed:?

Thanks in advance!

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Hi @acbrom, sorry I missed you at the weekend. I've been using the Libre throughout last summer and during next and have had no issues at all with it. I'm a bowler and it stayed well stuck down throughout.

I've only used a pump in nets, and I wore it on the back of my trousers when I was batting. No issues with it there, although I've not tried it in a game. When bowling I kept it in a pocket, although, a waist band under your shirt might also be sensible.