Critical Error

norwaycook

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
people who make a big deal out of beIng a diabetic
On Thursday I got a critical error on my Medtronic insulin pump. I phoned them and had a replacement within 3 hours but today Sunday I have had the same error come up on my new pump. Has this happened to anyone else. Never had this before on any pump and feeling very stressed. Something I’ve trusted for so long doesn’t seem to be safe anymore.

What exactly is the error?
Does it just say critical error?
Pumps are machines so errors are inevitable, it is also important to understand that replacement pumps are almost always refurbed, so errors are again possible.

have you asked what could cause this error? That might offer some reassurance..

Reactions: EllieM

norwaycook

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
people who make a big deal out of beIng a diabetic
Critical error shows on the pump as a small pump icon with a cross on it then an open book with a question mark and if you read the manual it says it cannot recover from it. The alarm is deafening and cannot be stopped unless you remove the battery then hold in one of the buttons unti it stops

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
It’s best to call technical support at Medtronic when you get this warning as they can trouble shoot on the phone with you. On a regular basis check your pump for cracks around the casing - I used to use a Medtronic 740g and only had a critical error warning once when the pump had cracked around the battery housing area, I went through about 3 pumps because of cracking.