Curiouser and curiouser

Erin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
mean people, corrupt politicians, poverty, happy pharmaceutical ads;
I have recently increased my gliglazide dose from 40mg to 80mg as I had hyperglycemia last year.
The morning 1/4 chunck still reported a high bg level -- 9.0 to 13.0. In a strange experiment I omitted the first chunck and continued with the other 3 chuncks ( -- 4 chuncks equal 80mg) turned out that the a.m. dose )1/4 chunck-- the bg to 6.7. I will continue this experiment, but I certainly don't have a Pharmaceutical expertise.

D

Deleted Account

Well worth trying.
Keep an eye on your BG - unfortunately, diabetes is a fickle critter. Some days it behaves perfectly. Other days it decides it's had enough with weather, lack of sleep, exercise, drugs, your work, your family, .... you ... and does something completely unexpected. I think of it like dragging a teenager around with me all the time - sometimes they are little darlings, other times, they are petulant <beeeeeep>s.
I try to look for patterns rather than relying on a one off reading to indicate a trend.

Good luck with your experiment.

Reactions: ziggy_w

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rudeness,people being unkind
Well worth trying.
Keep an eye on your BG - unfortunately, diabetes is a fickle critter. Some days it behaves perfectly. Other days it decides it's had enough with weather, lack of sleep, exercise, drugs, your work, your family, .... you ... and does something completely unexpected. I think of it like dragging a teenager around with me all the time - sometimes they are little darlings, other times, they are petulant <beeeeeep>s.
I try to look for patterns rather than relying on a one off reading to indicate a trend.

What a brilliant way of putting it : )

Erin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Well worth trying.

regardless of the time and dose.

Erin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes