Cushing's Syndrome & Type II Diabetes

SSJ_Jup81

Hello everyone. I know I haven't posted much, still lurk a bit and I'm not able to use the computer as much these days. Anyway, I'm a Type II diabetic, diagnosed in my early 20s and am my late 30s now. My numbers have been a bit weird these past few weeks and my a1c level went up, but hopefully it'll go back down. Anyway, I've had other issues that's plagued me my entire life, including unusual weight gain, female issues, junk like that.

Last week, I, begrudgingly, went to see the GYN and she referred me to the Endocrinologist. The Endocrinologist was very thorough and is doing testing (which I am also doing begrudgingly because of the price and no insurance to cover these visits) and feels that I may be showing signs of Cushing's Syndrome and how it's possible that I've had it as young as 7 or 8-years-old, based on the things I discussed with her, like abnormal weight gain when diet and exercise didn't change back then with a health-conscious parent. I won't get the results back until either Friday or Monday.

I was just wondering if anyone here has had this syndrome and how it affected your treatment for diabetes. What are your experiences?

Geordie_P

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I suppose one thing about Cushing's Syndrome is that the symptoms are quite close to a number of other conditions, like diabetes T2, PCOS etc, so I hope it turns out you don't have it. I'm sorry I don't have direct experience with this, but I wish you well and hope you get some answers.

SSJ_Jup81

I suppose one thing about Cushing's Syndrome is that the symptoms are quite close to a number of other conditions, like diabetes T2, PCOS etc, so I hope it turns out you don't have it. I'm sorry I don't have direct experience with this, but I wish you well and hope you get some answers.
Welp, it turns out that it's not Cushings. The frustrations over what's wrong with me continues on...

Geordie_P

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Welp, it turns out that it's not Cushings. The frustrations over what's wrong with me continues on...
Still, it's no bad thing you dodged Cushings- the treatment for that looks quite difficult: operations, radiotherapy, lifelong replacement treatments etc. I do hope you get a resolution to your issues, but equally, I hope it's a light, manageable resolution.
Good luck with everything!

lindisfel

Expert

I have Conn's syndrome, did the endo eliminate high aldosterone? I also produce some cortisol in a pituatory suppression test.
Diabetes and pcos are features of Conn's

I have found the following email site helpful.
[email protected]
D.

Last edited: