D/N Questions

blondie12

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Goodmorning all!
I have my first appointment with the D/N on Tuesday and am asking your advice on which questions to ask.
Is there anything I MUST ask, am still finding this whole process very confusing.
Thanks
Blondie

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Here are some pointers which we give to those who need advice.

Here are a few questions you can ask.

What can I do to control it, diet,medication ??

Appointments to see dietician, podiatrist, retinal screening.

Test meter /strips.

Test results and what do they mean? Get a print out of the results for your own records.

Who will I be seeing the nurse or GP? If I have problem can I see either of you?

How often do I get blood tests, Hba1c/Cholesterol/ full lipid panel.. Should be every 3 months initially till in control.

Take a notebook with you and write down what you are told. If the doctor/nurse says things that you do not understand then ask them to explain it so that you can write it down.

This is your condition, your diabetes, you should be encouraged to take part in the treatment that you will be getting, not dictated to.

If you find that the doctor/nurse is unsympathetic then we suggest you find out which doctor in the practice is good with diabetes. Some doctors have a special interest in certain subjects, it’s worth finding this out.