Daily Mail andLCHF

Barry Holt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Drivers who speed in built up areas
Is the whole waking up to LCHF, Article in today's Mail ,cardiologist recommends this diet to a maximum of about 50 grms carbs a day, what happens to the daily plate recommendations now ??

Reactions: 2 people

SunnyExpat

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It's still the same old faces though, Dr Aseem Malhotra, he seems to be plugging his new documentary in this article, probably worth watching out for, unless it's pay to view.

What we need to see is a few fresh faces in the mix.

Bluebell_GB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Interestingly he calls his way of eating low carb healthy fat which may be an easier sell than low carb high fat.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Is the author of the article our own Administrator or am I mistaken in thinking that?

SunnyExpat

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I see he is still unfortunately promoting the mantra that saturated fats don't raise cholesterol, and many of us on here have now proven that's not true, so until he recognises that, and gets his 'one size fits all' solution rectified, he'll still not be taken too seriously I'm afraid, no matter how he dresses it up.

SunnyExpat

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Is the author of the article our own Administrator or am I mistaken in thinking that?

Is the author credited in the article?
If it was, it would be interesting to address the saturated fat/cholesterol issue?

lindisfel

Expert
I see he is still unfortunately promoting the mantra that saturated fats don't raise cholesterol, and many of us on here have now proven that's not true, so until he recognises that, and gets his 'one size fits all' solution rectified, he'll still not be taken too seriously I'm afraid, no matter how he dresses it up.
The proponents of LCHF say it is very small percentage affected adversely, cos its me and thee it is pretty important! :)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
The only arguement which filters through is the stamina of the LCHF way of life.
It is a short-term diet.
Very very few people can stick with this diet, for life.
People like me are used to a whole variety of foods. Once some are turned off/bad for me.....yes, you guest it. I want it all the more.
Manufacturers need to catch up, and quickly.
My liver loves the lchf diet and if 20g carb so does my thyroid.
My heart tells me to plough through with 20g carb diet, whilst watching protein loading.
My head says wait til the backbone of the plan has more support than diabetes forum. I need the backing to keep me interested and supported. Thank god for these forums but I might need more support too.
I have a hell of a job to reduce 8 stones too.

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
Sorry John, just seen you posted it earlier....apologies:)

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The only issue I have with this is that it means I'd have to count my Carbs, and quite honestly I can never be *****

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum mobile app

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
The only issue I have with this is that it means I'd have to count my Carbs, and quite honestly I can never be *****

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum mobile app
We need manufacturers to do for us. Like none diabetics/lchf dieters have.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I'd like tesco to have a low carb aisle. Good fats included.
Our supporter will be making changes due to EU change. This is the best time to petition for it.
Guaranteed money to be made.

Reactions: 4 people

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
No, I don't think so! He is the Cardiologist Aseem Malhotra.
Thank you, perhaps I should have read the article first? I'm just beginning to learn who the lchf "champions" are. Incidentally, I always refer to low carb healthy fats when talking with non-diabetic friends/familt

Reactions: 4 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

I'd like tesco to have a low carb aisle. Good fats included.
Our supporter will be making changes due to EU change. This is the best time to petition for it.
Guaranteed money to be made.

My local Tesco already has several. Walk in the door - vegetables and berries, turn left at the end of the aisle for nuts and seeds. It also has several aisles dedicated to the sale of dairy, fish, birds and other meats.

The day they put a "low carb" sticker on a cauliflower is the day the price will go up. No thanks!

Reactions: 8 people