Daily Mail Low carb and diabetes.co.uk

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Big pharma will soon strike back :D

This is getting too dangerous for their business...

Reactions: daisyduck

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
Encouraging article in the Daily Mail today

Interesting, shame it's the Daily Mail.

December 15 2016 they said it was only safe if you did it for 6 months, but the added bonus was BG lowering.
February 22nd 2016 they said "paleo" is dangerous (essentially LCHF, their words).
July 4th 2016 they serialised a low carb book by Karen Thomson
5th March 2017 report on CISRO "scientific" "new" low carb diet

Mixed bag, but I suppose I have to say that every little bit helps if only because people might start thinking (that's a very big if and very big might).

We shall see.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Interesting, shame it's the Daily Mail.

December 15 2016 they said it was only safe if you did it for 6 months, but the added bonus was BG lowering.
February 22nd 2016 they said "paleo" is dangerous (essentially LCHF, their words).
July 4th 2016 they serialised a low carb book by Karen Thomson
5th March 2017 report on CISRO "scientific" "new" low carb diet

Mixed bag, but I suppose I have to say that every little bit helps if only because people might start thinking (that's a very big if and very big might).

We shall see.

The Daily Mail is the most widely read newspaper, both on paper and on-line. Anything promoting our cause will be widely read, and that is a good thing. Let's hope this trend continues.

lindisfel

Expert
Yes, but like David I would like to see it in a more reliably scientific paper. But it is a start.D.
The Daily Mail is the most widely read newspaper, both on paper and on-line. Anything promoting our cause will be widely read, and that is a good thing. Let's hope this trend continues.

Last edited:

kittypoker

Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Encouraging to see, even in a tabloid. Particularly encouraging as quite a lot of commenters quoted quite decent, scientifically accurate information about the role of insulin resistance and hyperglycaemia in obesity and T2. Of course, then there were the numpties... :banghead:

lowedb

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yeah, next week LCHF will cause cancer, and the week after LCHF will be the miracle cure for cancer. The daily fail is one of the worst for printing whatever they think will get people talking that day.

jonbvn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
No doubt they will endorse it further if the Kardashians take up low carving.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Didn't @Administrator win an award recently for the low carb programme?
All good press too.
Well done diabetes.co.uk :) :) :)

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think the times they are a-changing... in 5 years it will be common advice to get newly diagnosed type 2 patients to go low carbing eating style... we are close to a turning point. and type 1´s will get pancreas transplanted cells of their own in their intestines as normal rutine.. love to play a fortune teller...:woot::woot::woot::woot::woot:

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
'After an hour they report blood sugar can rise by 15 per cent, yet a low-carb meal rarely raises it more than 6 per cent. ‘Seeing a diet making a difference in this way is motivating,’ says Dr Bailey.'

So, 6 to 6.36 on low carb?
And 6 to 6.9 if not?
Not entirely sure on that though.
Many could be disappointed.