1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 2 Dapaglifozin v trulicity

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by Cana, Aug 16, 2019 at 9:38 AM.

1. Cana

Cana Type 2 · Well-Known Member

So asked dr about change of meds. The one she said she would be happy with was an injection once a week. Called trulicity.

While I decide I’m back on 10 mg of dapaglizin.

Anyone have any thoughts, ideas etc on trulicity?

2. bulkbiker

bulkbiker Type 2 · Master

With an HbA1c of 54 why has your doc upped the meds?

3. HSSS

HSSS Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Have you researched it much? Searched for threads on here about it?

It’s a different class and instead of removing excess glucose via urine it’ll be getting your pancreas to produce more insulin as well as reducing glucagon dumping (a bit like metformin). It can slow digestion and side effects at least in the short term can be diarrhoea. I seem to recall metformin, even slow release, didn’t suit you.

In your shoes I’d prefer to exhaust the low carb options first, but perhaps you feel you’ve gone as far as you’re able to down that route even if it’s not as far as some go. It does have to fit your life I know.

4. Cana

Dr happy fir me to do low carb but she says I have to be on meds as she wants me reversing it

5. HSSS

HSSS Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Doesn’t she know low carb can reverse it all by itself for many people? And that’s her advice, but your decision remember.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. bulkbiker

bulkbiker Type 2 · Master

Then your doc knows surprisingly little about the successful remission of T2 with medication...

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Cana

I don’t really want a should I be on meds debate. I’m happy with what dr suggests. My sugars haven’t reduced and they need to.
    My question is just about which drug. I’ve read up in trulicity and not sure it’s right fir me.
    Dr said the main side effect she has heard of is constipation. Out of that and peeing I’ll take peeing. At least you can control it somewhat.

But it was just for a discussion on what real people have found.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook