Dario Smart Meter

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I ended up ordering this and I've been using it for a couple of days now.

I have to say on the whole I think it's a top product. Really well designed. I haven't decided if I will continue to use it. I love how easy it is to carry around, but it's a bit fiddly and therefore a bit less discreet. I'm quite used to testing whilst on the go, walking somewhere and I can't imagine being able to do this.

If they could make the test strips a little easier to dispense it would help a great deal.

The app is great but also frustrating. I can't find a way to turn off notifications and there is no logic behind when it reminds you to do a check.

I also think it would be useful to be able to pick your own targets. The headline screen shows a % of tests within range. Since I've been using it my average b.g. is 6.9 which I'm happy with but only 45% in target is kind of disheartening.

I'm probably not picking here. Overall it's a genuinely brilliantly designed product
Yeah the portability is excellent! I agree that testing takes slightly longer than your typical equipment but this is a trade off I'm happy to make to carry less stuff around.

I'm not sure what you mean about the notifications? If it's the reminder to test after a meal then the logic is to address any post meal spikes and better learn how to adjust QA insulin administration or carb load. To turn this off: open the menu, click on Hey 'your name', measurement reminders and turn off.

You can adjust your target ranges again in the main menu, diabetes profile and then edit your 'blood glucose thresholds'. I also have a slight issue with the target ranges; the lower BGL value is too high at 4.4mmol/L. As a result, I have had target BGL's missing the target range because they've been between 3.9mmol/L and 4.3mmol/L. I have emailed [email protected] though and they're changing this in the next update. They seem very happy to welcome your suggestions.

Have a fiddle with all the parameters and settings in the menus and see how you go!

Grant

Last edited by a moderator:

Griffter15

You are right I've managed to change the app settings. I didn't realise this was a menu option. I retract my comments about the app

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You are right I've managed to change the app settings. I didn't realise this was a menu option. I retract my comments about the app
Yeah it's pretty fiddly initially but after getting used to it then it's pretty good. The sharing feature allows you to export all your results in a document so your diabetes team can view them easily.

Scottishgal991

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I ended up ordering this and I've been using it for a couple of days now.

I have to say on the whole I think it's a top product. Really well designed. I haven't decided if I will continue to use it. I love how easy it is to carry around, but it's a bit fiddly and therefore a bit less discreet. I'm quite used to testing whilst on the go, walking somewhere and I can't imagine being able to do this.

If they could make the test strips a little easier to dispense it would help a great deal.

The app is great but also frustrating. I can't find a way to turn off notifications and there is no logic behind when it reminds you to do a check.

I also think it would be useful to be able to pick your own targets. The headline screen shows a % of tests within range. Since I've been using it my average b.g. is 6.9 which I'm happy with but only 45% in target is kind of disheartening.

I'm probably not picking here. Overall it's a genuinely brilliantly designed product
Yeh i agree. I use this meter also and i wish you could change the target range.
Like you i find a 6.5 to be within range and it tells me im above range which yeh, can make you feel a bit ******. On the whole though i do love the dario.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

Scottishgal991

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Yeah the portability is excellent! I agree that testing takes slightly longer than your typical equipment but this is a trade off I'm happy to make to carry less stuff around.

I'm not sure what you mean about the notifications? If it's the reminder to test after a meal then the logic is to address any post meal spikes and better learn how to adjust QA insulin administration or carb load. To turn this off: open the menu, click on Hey 'your name', measurement reminders and turn off.

You can adjust your target ranges again in the main menu, diabetes profile and then edit your 'blood glucose thresholds'. I also have a slight issue with the target ranges; the lower BGL value is too high at 4.4mmol/L. As a result, I have had target BGL's missing the target range because they've been between 3.9mmol/L and 4.3mmol/L. I have emailed [email protected] though and they're changing this in the next update. They seem very happy to welcome your suggestions.

Have a fiddle with all the parameters and settings in the menus and see how you go!

Grant
Ah thank you. Been trying to figure out how to change target ranges :)

Sent from my SM-G903F using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

Reactions: 2 people

satkins

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I just got my Dario today. I love how compact it is. I only have two problems with it. One is the lack of any storage space for extra lances. Second is not being able to add blood if you don't get enough. It's not often that I don't get enough on the strip but it happened once today (first time in three months). I know a lot of people don't change their lancet after every reading but I was told to. Besides the lances are the cheap part.

To fix the lancet problem I am just using an old pill bottle and it will hold 24 lancets. It's an extra thing to carry but it's no bigger then the Dario and fits in my pants pocket with the Dario easily.

I tested with the Dario and my Bayer Contour Next and they where with in .3 of each other (4.8 on the Bayer and 5.1) Has anyone done as they suggest in the manual that you use the test liquid first?

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I just got my Dario today. I love how compact it is. I only have two problems with it. One is the lack of any storage space for extra lances. Second is not being able to add blood if you don't get enough. It's not often that I don't get enough on the strip but it happened once today (first time in three months). I know a lot of people don't change their lancet after every reading but I was told to. Besides the lances are the cheap part.

To fix the lancet problem I am just using an old pill bottle and it will hold 24 lancets. It's an extra thing to carry but it's no bigger then the Dario and fits in my pants pocket with the Dario easily.

I tested with the Dario and my Bayer Contour Next and they where with in .3 of each other (4.8 on the Bayer and 5.1) Has anyone done as they suggest in the manual that you use the test liquid first?

Hello,

As for the lancets. I'm one of them rouge diabetics who changes my lancets about once a week! They seem to stay sharp for me and after two years I've never had so much as a sore or infection so guess I'm alright. I just tend to put a couple spares in that tiny pocket in either of the front trouser pockets. I actually forget they're there!

As for your lack of blood in the test strip. I've had this once with my Dario but would get it frequently with my Glucomen LX Plus if it was dark or I had been drinking for example. Just a part of life I suppose... The fact that I was used to this with the Glucomen LX Plus never made it an issue for me and the Dario.

Grant

Bogie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
I have used myDario for the last 5 weeks and really like it. Compact and handy to carry with you. I am going to be seeing an Endocrinologist as soon as the appointment is confirmed and will see if he is familiar with it and get his/her comments. Went from pre-diabetic to Type 2 not too long ago so need more than just a local hospital Diabetic diet consultation. I have used 3 or 4 different meters in the past and had problems with either forgetting to charge or replace the batteries (therefore some wild readings - a 28 sure gets the Adrenalin going LOL ). myDario uses my always-charged iPhone that I am never without :) The local pharmacies here in my small city in Canada do not carry the supplies but I order online and receive within 2 days. So far, 2 thumbs up!

Djdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I have been using my Dario for the last two years! It is a superb bit of kit! I spoke to a few reps from Dario and they are working on a dongle that fits into the iPhone 7 jack rather than having to use the wee adapter. Always reliable can email results to endo. It changed my diabetic life because I hated carrying so much around and this eliminated all the bulky meter problems I had! Hope you enjoy the Dario I'm a massive fan

Reactions: GrantGam