David Cameron is out too.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
News, just now on the radio. David Cameron has resigned.

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Well he has given notice that he will continue for 3 months until the Tory Conference in October, then step down.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Well he has given notice that he will continue for 3 months until the Tory Conference in October, then step down.

Mr Cameron just commented about the result and said the country now needs new leadership.

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
My bet is on Theresa May. Although she was for Remain she kept a low profile, so she won't have alienated the Brexit Tories who see her as another Thatcher.

Reactions: 2 people

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Never thought I would see the day when I would be sorry to see David Cameron go..

Reactions: 2 people

Molly56

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Please don't let it be Boris Johnson.....:eek::eek:
...and if Donald Trump becomes President of the USA....can you imagine....:eek::eek::eek:....at least they have matching hairstyles....:rolleyes::wideyed:

Reactions: 4 people

RoseofSharon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh dear! Well all we can do is sit and wait to see how the politics will pan out now. Yes I'm glad we've left the EU, but personally I think Cameron resigning on the back of the leave vote was a huge mistake - it'll send the wrong message to the rest of the world....

Jordi77

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I wonder what prat takes over in October as Osborne may be next as it will only be the same for us as they let the rest of the world in instead but the others they can't get rid of them so that will hamper the new government to try and kick them out but at least he is going that was on tv at 0815 this morning but try not to put Johnson in as he won't know what to do full stop as not been in politics for long enough and only going to the meetings in downing street when he was wanted

6cats

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I agree. He should have taken a deep breath, respected the results and said ,'right, onwards and upwards'. I am very sorry and shocked that he has resigned. I reckon BJ would do a good job. I am sure it will pan out, today was a massive knee jerk reaction to a result many were not expecting I suspect.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Might be Gove??

steve_p6

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
35% of electorate want to stay, 37% want to go. That's conclusive then! Typical UK democracy.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
What about George Osborne today? Not a word from the man that forecast total doom n gloom for leaving EU.. And he's still in his job?? How will he handle things for the next 3 years?

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
What about George Osborne today? Not a word from the man that forecast total doom n gloom for leaving EU.. And he's still in his job?? How will he handle things for the next 3 years?

He won't handle them, he'll bail at the same time as Cameron, we'll have a new right wing PM and a Brexit cabinet.

Sobering times, far right and far left:(

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum