Dawn Phenomena??

SilverK

Hi, so, I have the readings from my first night using a Libre and they’re interesting. Well, I think so anyway.
I always assumed that dawn phenomena was when your sugars stayed pretty stable at night then moved up quite sharply pre Dawn?? Is that right? Does anyone have a Libre graph that shows it “in action”?
Mine seems to climb pretty steadily all night! So, not Dawn phenomena?
IMG_3080.jpg

(The mountain at the start was me being too low to drive and eating rice cakes. I need to fine tune that!)

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Mine tends to bobble around a bit overnight before my DP hits but here is an example of my DP:
upload_2020-11-4_9-19-30.png

You could see when I took the correction dose :) (though it may have been a bit much as I went a bit low after breakfast)
And yes the picture looks a bit bobbly as well, I had to shrink it quite a lot to get it to a reasonable size!

Your rise looked fairly consistent through the night, maybe you need more basal overnight.

Last edited:

SilverK

Wow! That goes straight up!! I’m assuming you didn’t sleep walk yourself into a bag of Haribo. That’s insane. I s’pose everyone’s pictures are going to be completely different. How do you fix something in your sleep??

SilverK

Yes, you’re probably right about the basal. It’s already higher than my morning dose. I s’pose that’s the point of having a Libre. My DN is due to call on Friday when she’s had a few days data to look at.
Thank you for the reply.

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Wow! That goes straight up!! I’m assuming you didn’t sleep walk yourself into a bag of Haribo. That’s insane. I s’pose everyone’s pictures are going to be completely different. How do you fix something in your sleep??
No I did not eat a bag of haribo in my sleep :)
I've now got a pump to try and help with my DP and now instead of getting something hideous like that graph 80% of the time, its mostly now a lot less severe (am waiting on funding for the relevant sensors to try and deal with the remaining issue)

SilverK

I’m really lucky to live in an area which has quite a proactive approach to control. Even luckier that the next village has an excellent independent pharmacy. Funding, so far, doesn’t seem to be a problem. I wish you luck with that!