Day out for children with diabetes

BevF

Hi Evereyone I want everyone to know that there is an amazing Event being run by the Insulin Dependent Diabetes Trust (IDDT). It is called Wilbert's Picnic in the Park. The idea is for the whole family to have a fun day and meet up with other families who also have a child with diabetes, make new friends and be in an environment where people understand. For most of us these situations don't come around very often so I would like to invite you all to come along.

For those of you who don't know Wilbert is IDDT's big fluffy blue mascot and he will there at the Picnic to meet all the kids. Wilbert's Picnic is being held at Wicksteed Theme Park by holdin. You can spend the morning on Wicksteed rides and then join the Picnic at for lunch.In the afternoon there will be a game of Giant Human chequers, live music and the bad Dad dancing competion, Kids Vs Parents Sports Day and other games for the whole family. There will be face painting, clowns, stilt walkers and a chance to meet Kettering Fire Brigade and their engine. IDDT has also been drumming up support from our best know celebrities. We have loads of signed photo for our Famous Faces Tombola where kids can win signed photo of celebrities including Chris Moyle, Dermont O'leary Graham Norton Helen Skelton (Blue Peter) Hacker from cbbc and Barabara Winsor. There will also be the oportunity to win 4 free tickets to lego land in Wilberts Raffle as well as other amazing prizes.

Come along and have some fun, make new friends and meet Wilbert.

Details: Dates of the Event; 26th June 2011
12 - 4.30
Venues Wicksteed Park Kettering, Barton Road, Kettering. NN15 6NJ

Tickets £4.50 each.
Under 2s free of charge.
Conssesions for Groups Bookings
To book tickets and all other enquiries please contact Bev Freeman on 01604 622837 or e mail [email protected]

ebony321

Dislikes
Tomatoes, Rude people, Bees!
Sounds great.

I don't have a child, but i may come just for the bad dad dancing competition! :lol:

ams162

Type of diabetes
Type 1
that sounds fantastic but at 205 miles away from us its a little too far away for a day trip :lol: shame there isnt more of these things organised

hope it all goes well with plenty of support

anna marie

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.