Depressed

Shaydollar811

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi all I was newly diagnosed in july blood sugar was 192 h1c was 8.2. I went back a minth la huh ter blood sugar was 133 h1c was 6.2 someone please explain to me very depressed don't got much anymore really prefer to stay home with my dog a cry all day

ChrisSamsDad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
UKIP, royalty, football, gin, goat's cheese.
Hi all I was newly diagnosed in july blood sugar was 192 h1c was 8.2. I went back a minth la huh ter blood sugar was 133 h1c was 6.2 someone please explain to me very depressed don't got much anymore really prefer to stay home with my dog a cry all day

Well, that's a GREAT improvement - you're not only headed in the right direction, but you seem to have pretty good numbers now. Whatever you're doing - keep doing it! There's a chart which shows the various numbers - you'll see yours look to be in the light orange range, which is pre-diabetic: http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/attachments/50shades-png.17564/

Reactions: Prem51

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Hi
Well done on your much improved levels but I'm more concerned that you seem to be so down.

To try and help can I ask if you were feeling like this before diagnosis?
Are you on any medication?
Have you spoken to GP about this?

I know you say you stay at home all day with your dog. Are you taking your dog out for walks? Any people that you know to go out for a walk with your dog?

Is there anything else thats changed since diagnosis to cause these feelings?

Reactions: Deespee23

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I guess I'm wondering why you're so depressed when your improvement has been HUGE. Also wonder what exactly you want us to explain?

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
When I joined this site I learned two things.

1. Hba1c is an average of blood sugar levels over the last three months.

2. The last month is most significant.

Obviously both of these statements cannot be true at the same time. You seem to be living proof that the second statement has value.

Also, if you are able, take your dog out for a walk. This helps with the blood sugar and cheers your dog up.

M

mist

Let's be depression buddies! ;)

Seriously, I had a rough night last night myself, but the fine folks here donned their super hero cloaks and lifted me right back up!

Your doing great, keep it up!

Reactions: Prem51

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Thank u everyone so much support on this forum I find it hard sometimes to stay positive good levels

@Shaydollar811.

You mention lacking positivity around good levels, perhaps it may help to explain a little about your food, exercise etc and what you are actually struggling with to get your much improved levels.

Have you spoken to a GP about staying in, tears etc.

I too have had some dark thoughts at times but my then 3 dogs, then 2, then 1 and now a cat were my reason to get up each day. My dogs had 3 long walks each day.. sometimes one lunchtime walk would take 3 hours because I met so many people to talk to. It doesn't sound as if you are getting to take your dog out for a walk. Would you consider doing this? Your dog needs some stimulation / exercise in life too and going out for a walk would be good for your dog.

Shaydollar811

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Let's be depression buddies! ;)

Seriously, I had a rough night last night myself, but the fine folks here donned their super hero cloaks and lifted me right back up!

Your doing great, keep it up!
Thank u mist ur right this forum are just super hero's feeling much better toda

Shaydollar811

Type of diabetes
Type 2
@Shaydollar811.

You mention lacking positivity around good levels, perhaps it may help to explain a little about your food, exercise etc and what you are actually struggling with to get your much improved levels.

Have you spoken to a GP about staying in, tears etc.

I too have had some dark thoughts at times but my then 3 dogs, then 2, then 1 and now a cat were my reason to get up each day. My dogs had 3 long walks each day.. sometimes one lunchtime walk would take 3 hours because I met so many people to talk to. It doesn't sound as if you are getting to take your dog out for a walk. Would you consider doing this? Your dog needs some stimulation / exercise in life too and going out for a walk would be good for your dog.
Well my levels have been great LCHF diet for me. I don't eat sweets very little bread as don't really like bread I walk all the time drink only water and 1glass of red wine a night .I take my fur baby out for long walks all the time it's just I work in the hospital so I know first hand what this disease can do to u so it depresses me from time time.