Dexacon

lis@41

Hi, I am due to have dexacon soon but haven't been told which one. Does anyone use it and is it helpful? Thanks

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Welcome @lis@41
Do you mean Dexcom?
Have you used any other CGM such as Libre in the past?
Many people find a CGM really helpful to monitor their blood sugars as it provides data between finger pricks.
But the data is only useful if you understand any limitations of the CGM and what to do with the data.

There are a number of different Dexcom CGMs available at the moment. Dexcom One is the most likely as a direct competitor to the Libre.

Reactions: lis@41

lis@41

Hi yes I realised I spelt dexacom
wrong but couldn't change it. I'll soon find out when I go to the hospital for my appointment which one I'll be getting.

Dustydog

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Well for what its worth, I have changed from Libre to Dexcom One and it’s absolutely fab. I don’t have to worry about the sensor falling off and despite not being successful with it using an I-phone I do have a reader and its so perfect. However, I hope you find true Dexcom no matter what you have to be successful

lis@41

Hi it's such a pain knocking the libre off, I thought I did other day as caught it on the door but ok so far. Just waiting for my new hospital appointment as I couldn't go on Monday as was ill, fingers crossed will have my appointment soon I hope for my dexacom. Glad you're finding it good for you. I'll let you know when and how I get on

Reactions: trishmacgregor

lis@41

Hi I got my dexacom today put it on stuck well. Later in this evening just come loose at the ends and come off. Won't give up though.

BUZZ

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi I currently use the Dexcom G6 after previously being on the Libre 2. I love it as you have a choice of where it can be worn. I have recently been abroad and managed to use this the whole time without any problems whereas the Libre was a nightmare. If you have an Apple Watch you can see your readings live on the screen. I would not hesitate to recommend this

lis@41

Hi got my dexacom, I've now put it on my stomach and seems much better than my arm as I am so clumsy

h884

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi, I am due to have dexacon soon but haven't been told which one. Does anyone use it and is it helpful? Thanks
Hi lis@41: I recently swapped from Libre 2 to dexcom 1. My experience has been positive . I had so many issues with Libre 2. With dexcom 1 there have been some but relatively few. I hope you find the same

lorib64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have dexcom 7. I put on the back of arm. I did have one fall off and luckily they replaced it. I find it helpful

lis@41

Hi lis@41: I recently swapped from Libre 2 to dexcom 1. My experience has been positive . I had so many issues with Libre 2. With dexcom 1 there have been some but relatively few. I hope you find the same
Hi do you mean dexacom 6 ?

suk

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People judging my condition not knowing enough about it.
Hi, I’ve been recently put on the Dexcom G6 together with the Omnipod 5 pump.
Absolutely great!
I feel less scared of going into a hypo as I get a warning alarm and a continuous blood sugar reading on my phone. Have better control.

oldgreymare

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Commuting, overcrowded spaces, especially after the arrival of covid-19...
Dexcom One is the same hardware as Dexcom G6 (transmitter + sensor), but software is dumbed down (less features) in order to provide cheaper price to the NHS. I believe reliability should be the same.

Reactions: AutisticMum

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi, I’ve been recently put on the Dexcom G6 together with the Omnipod 5 pump.
Absolutely great!
I feel less scared of going into a hypo as I get a warning alarm and a continuous blood sugar reading on my phone. Have better control.
This is great news.

For others reading this, the Libre 2 and Dexcom One have the same features - warning alarm and continuous readings on your phone.

Chas C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
If your having issues keeping the Dexcom stuck in place, for past 13 yrs or more I've been using Skin Tac medical adhesive (sadly you have to purchase it), then to remove I use Lift Plus (which your GP can prescribe). You can use Lift Plus to remove a Dexcom that has not had extra glue too.