Dexcom and lack of phone app updates

bonerp

Hi I've had the Samsung S22 Ultra for 2 months and still the app can't be used on this device to check G6 readings and more importantly download data to clarity. I find this pretty poor when any other app can ready their services for new devices. AND I'm paying for this....

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi I've had the Samsung S22 Ultra for 2 months and still the app can't be used on this device to check G6 readings and more importantly download data to clarity. I find this pretty poor when any other app can ready their services for new devices. AND I'm paying for this....
You should be directing your angst at Dexcom, they have not updated their app since 09.08.2021.

It does not work on my mid range Samsung A52 either, but it will work on my Samsung A51 phone, so Dexcom is the bottleneck

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dexcom.g6&hl=en_AU&gl=US

Reactions: bonerp

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
forum bugs

Aside from asking dexcom, have you tried asking on any of the dexcom user forums? This thread looks as though it might be useful
https://www.reddit.com/r/dexcom/comments/t3a6vl/samsung_galaxy_s22_ultra_incompatible_smart/

Reactions: bonerp

jackois

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
There is a compatability checker on the Dexcom website, https://www.dexcom.com/en-GB/compatibility/select .

I recently changed phones to the S20 as that was the latest Samsung that was shown as compatible. Dexcom have always been considerably behind the curve with their software working on different models of phone, but the information is on their website.

As said above, get on to Dexcom about it, but don't hold your breath waiting for the updates.

8amoreno

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
How does it not work does it just not read your numbers or you can't find it on the Google app. If you can't find an alternative I would upgrade to the Samsung S20.

bonerp

How does it not work does it just not read your numbers or you can't find it on the Google app. If you can't find an alternative I would upgrade to the Samsung S20.

Its 'not compatible'

Pretty poor show by Dexcom. Everyone else can update their apps ready for a new phone....

sallymac65

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Feeling high, people not understanding the difference between type 1 + 2, those people who dont listen!
Hi, I had a similar issue with the phone I had at the time, you're not alone.

I had to bite the bullet and buy an iPhone. I absolutely hate everything about iPhones generally. So now I carry two phones which is a bit of a pain, but the only good thing is that the iPhone works everytime.

Dexcom clearly love iPhone, like a lot of other companies. I can't understand the appeal at all, but it works 100% and that's good enough for me.