1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Dexcom and Medtronic supplies in Denmark

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by t1d_life, Nov 15, 2021.

1. t1d_life

t1d_life Type 1 · Newbie

Hello,

I will be relocating to Denmark soon. I'm currently using Medtronic insulin pump and Dexcom G6 CGM. I'm wondering what do I need to do in Denmark to get supplies for these. I emailed the local (to my location in Denmark) diabetes center, but haven't heard back yet.

As far as I understand, I will have to be granted access to these, and there is no other way to order these without a prescription, even if I'm willing to pay 100% out of pocket. What are the chances that my endocrinologist in diabetes center won't grant me access to CGM and pump supplies? Is it possible?

I'm trying to understand the worst case scenario.

Thanks!

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook