Dexcom Company Changes

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Dexcom announced it is laying off a bunch of people and moving services to the Philippines.

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.co...-dexcom-layoffs-san-diego-20190222-story.html

I gather they announced record earnings and that they were laying off people in San Diego and Arizona and shifting some customer support and other functions to the Philippines. I've heard a lot of employees are very upset at the way it was handled.

It makes me wonder if it will impact supplies and customer service. I just switched to the Dexcom and it might have been better to wait!!!

D

Deleted member 308541

some customer support and other functions to the Philippines.
There are lots of major companies with customer support help lines in the Philippines.

I assume they will not take the manufacturing side of it offshore.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Maybe, but I just got through dealing with a company that just moved customer service to the Philippines, you could only interact with them by chat or e-mail and it literally took over 20 emails plus numerous chats to finally get someone to straighten it out. I kept getting the same response of how to fix the issue which wasn't working, finally after complaining that this was the umpteenth e-mail and don't keep repeating yourselves someone went in and fixed the issue, but of course didn't even tell they had. I was going to take a screenshot again to send to them again and discovered it was finally fixed.

D

Deleted member 308541

Most of the Australian Telco's and ISP have all shifted off shore to India, Bangla Desh, and the Philippines.

The company I am with is horrendous trying to understand the Indian and Bagnla Desh's csr's. I got a Australian phone number from a Optus rep that was in the Optus shop here in town and the problem is solved by Australians here I have used It twice in the last couple of years.

Last edited by a moderator: