Dexcom G5 queries

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Probably the best way of testing is to spend 30 mins away from the receiver or phone app. If it's the G5+, it will upload the data in the gaps. If it's a G5, it won't @TimWJ

TimWJ

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Probably the best way of testing is to spend 30 mins away from the receiver or phone app. If it's the G5+, it will upload the data in the gaps. If it's a G5, it won't @TimWJ

Thanks for your reply

I am now up and running with the G5. I have tried with both xDrip and the Dexcom iOS app, neither fill in the missing data when the transmitter has been out of range, so I have a G5.

The xDrip G5 Facebook group has quite a lot of talk about new G5 firmware that was released in Nov or Dec, This required a new release of xDrip with an extra setup parameters that needs setting for the new release, it appears that I need this set for communication to work, implying that I have what they refer to as the new firmware release. There is no mention there of back filling missing data nor the G5+.

My Transmitter has firmware 1.0.4.10

Chas C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks for your reply

I am now up and running with the G5. I have tried with both xDrip and the Dexcom iOS app, neither fill in the missing data when the transmitter has been out of range, so I have a G5.

The xDrip G5 Facebook group has quite a lot of talk about new G5 firmware that was released in Nov or Dec, This required a new release of xDrip with an extra setup parameters that needs setting for the new release, it appears that I need this set for communication to work, implying that I have what they refer to as the new firmware release. There is no mention there of back filling missing data nor the G5+.

My Transmitter has firmware 1.0.4.10

That's interesting - It was this and the iPhone app (not yet released in UK) that would drive me to moving to a G5.

I got the info on the transmitter change from another guy, was not me personally.

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
@Chas C - I can find nothing on the interweb that describes this change to the G5. The only announced data talks about the one touch insertion system and a smaller, thinner G5 Transmitter. G5+ comes up with nothing, either. It's not mentioned as a feature of the G6 either.

Where did whoever you were talking to get their information?

Chas C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@Chas C - I can find nothing on the interweb that describes this change to the G5. The only announced data talks about the one touch insertion system and a smaller, thinner G5 Transmitter. G5+ comes up with nothing, either. It's not mentioned as a feature of the G6 either.

Where did whoever you were talking to get their information?

Hi Tim

It was on the Dexcom G5 Facebook group - where this guy claimed he had received the updated G5 and it stored the data for later download. I'm pretty sure I'd seen it reported elsewhere too.

A call to dexcom looks like its the next action to take I guess - but then I'm not bothered until we get Apple Watch support.

Steve3

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@Maddileigh ,

I'm very keen on moving onto the Dexcom so keen to start as cheaply as possible :)

Would you be able to share the non personal content of the email offer of 1 sensor and 1 transmitter for £150 so I can try to purchase for the same price?

Thanks

Last edited:

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@Maddileigh ,

I'm very keen on moving onto the Dexcom so keen to start as cheaply as possible :)

Would you be able to share the non personal content of the email so I can try to purchase for the same price?

Thanks

If this is the £150 price they have sent the email to limited number of people which they have records for, so unfortunately they wont give it to you unless its on their system.

Steve3

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
If this is the £150 price they have sent the email to limited number of people which they have records for, so unfortunately they wont give it to you unless its on their system.
Thank you - that's a shame, I've had an account with Dexcom for six months or so but have not made the jump to ordering.

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thank you - that's a shame, I've had an account with Dexcom for six months or so but have not made the jump to ordering.
give it a try - you might be lucky, but don't be surprised if it falls down I'm afraid