Dexcom g6

Shann3079

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So I’ve got the dexcom g6 app to help try and get my sugars under control, but I am carb counting. I’m no good at maths so I was just wondering does anyone know of any apps that will just let me work out how much insulin to take? I’ve tried my sugr but now it won’t let me use it unless I pay ‍♀️ any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance x

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Sorry @Shann3079 I don't know any apps which will give your insulin dose, think there's too much liability at stake with this type of app.

Can you create a spreadsheet with your calculations in, speak to your DSN, as then you can carry it with you or ask your DSN about getting onto a pump which will already have your ratios pre-loaded so you simply tell your pump what your reading is.

Shann3079

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry @Shann3079 I don't know any apps which will give your insulin dose, think there's too much liability at stake with this type of app.

Can you create a spreadsheet with your calculations in, speak to your DSN, as then you can carry it with you or ask your DSN about getting onto a pump which will already have your ratios pre-loaded so you simply tell your pump what your reading is.

Thats the aim but at the moment I don’t qualify for a pump

ElenaP

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thats the aim but at the moment I don’t qualify for a pump

Hi, you can have ratios calculated for you even if you are not on a pump. Some meters have "time blocks" where the DSN can enter different ratios of carb/insulin for breakfast, lunch & dinner. Then you inject accordingly; the meter will make an adjustment for high/low blood glucose reading when it shows the amount to be injected. In my case I used "Accu-Chek Aviva Expert" and I still keep it as a back-up.