Pol_Ie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Broccoli
Hi Everyone,
I was wondering if anybody knows whether the new Dexcom G7 sensor can be linked to a Fitbit Versa 4 ?. I'd like to see my blood glucose information on the watch face as it would make life a lot easier but i can't figure out how to do it. Has anyone got this working or maybe point me in the right direction ?

Thanks a lot

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
No problem....i managed to get it working.
Cheers
Can I ask how you did it? i am currently using a G6 and the glance watchface on a versa 2, don't want to change over to a G7 if this no longer works.

Pol_Ie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Broccoli
Hi Ellie,
It's a little bit fiddly but worth it when it's up and running. I'm using an iPhone SE 2020 and a FitBit Versa 4. The phone is actually trying to upgrade me to IOS 16.2 but it's not listed as being compatible on Dexcom's website. I'll add the link in case anyone needs it

Dexcom 7 Compatibilty List

So assuming you've downloaded the G7 app and the Glance watchface, follow the steps below

Having the two items above still won't get the readings working on your watch so in the Dexcom app, go to Connections and then go into Share.
For some reason you need to set up a follower to get this working so i just used myself as the follower. So enable Share by toggling the switch and then go to Invite Follower
On the next screen you put in the persons name and on the screen after that you enter their email address (so it's your name and your email address)
You'll then receive an email from Dexcom. When you open it there's a link which says Start Following but don't click it yet. This is the part which had me baffled for a while.
As things stand the link will just take you to a white screen which does nothing. You now have to download another app called Dexcom Follow.
Once that app is installed on your phone, click the Start Following link and you should get a prompt to open the Dexcom Follow app.
When you open it, i think it asked me for my email address again but just follow the screens and you should be fine.

A couple of things to mention, i'm not really sure why you need to download the extra app or whether you can delete it after you get the watch working but i left it on my phone just in case.
One other thing, the readings on the watch stopped working for a day or so but the problem was actually caused by my FitBit not syncing to the phone.
So, i think you're better off leaving the FitBit app open in the background along with Dexcom 7

Hope that helps and please let me know if you get it working

Take care,
Paul