dexcom g7

Diabeticger

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bread, Potatoes, anything Carby
doctor just approved me for g7, what's the low down on these, the good , the dad and the ugly ?

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
forum bugs
doctor just approved me for g7, what's the low down on these, the good , the dad and the ugly ?
I've been using them for the last 4 months

1 The good
Smaller, no more messing with a transmitter.
Awesome feature whereby you can extend the use up to an extra 12 hours after it has technically ended.
The warm up period is 25 minutes (instead of 2 hours for the G6) and if you pre-apply (but wait to activate) the new G7 by more than 30 minutes there is no warm up period at all.

2) The bad
I definitely need to pre-apply the G7 because I find it often vey inaccurate in the first 24 hours, reading low. (This may just be me).

3) The ugly
Read the instructions carefully before application. I ruined several sensors by messing up the application process and the supplied overpatches are both essential (the patch may immediately fall off without them) and fiddly to apply (specially on arms). They also only supply 1 patch per sensor so if you accidentally mess up the patch while you apply it you are in trouble.

Overall a better experience than the G6 once you get used to them. I have had a couple of early fails though, so you want to keep a spare on hand, or be prepared to use a glucometer for a couple of days while dexcom send you a replacement.

I use the follow feature to send the readings to my watch (a third party OS wear app called glance) but it relies on your phone having an intenet connection.

peat5961

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
For me it’s a lot more accurate then ether the Libres I used or the Dexcom one I had.

The app is better than Libres (more choice with alarms) but I also use xdrip along with the app.

Downside for me as previous said the over patch is a must specially on arms & for me it’s very hard to get it to go on correctly & as said one only get the one with each sensor.

But once it’s on it stays on so at the end of the 10 days you may need to get something to help remove the glue or bits of tape left. But everyone is different

Diabeticger

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bread, Potatoes, anything Carby
is there any android watch compatible with the g7 ?

Last edited: