Jess1D

Do you think it would be an idea to send my pump nurse these screenshots to
All I get is aaah it’ll come soon

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Does anyone know if the previous chart is accurate in that the Dexcom G7 isn't compatible with Tandem tslim pump, as I was told it would be?

Ipodlistener

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Idiots
Does anyone know if the previous chart is accurate in that the Dexcom G7 isn't compatible with Tandem tslim pump, as I was told it would be?
In the US they are saying it's compatible. Also Libre3 Abbott are in talks to be compatible

Jess1D

Well I bit the bullet & ordered Dexcom G6 yesterday - it’s coming today - excited
Had enough of all the issues with Freestlye Libre
Will be interesting to see what my doctors come back with about the Dexcom 1

Reactions: EllieM

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Just rang my chemist, they tell me it is available but they have not had any prescriptions from the surgery - they haven’t changed anyone over.
Reckon it could be hard work
As you already know the national decision to make it available on prescription may take a while to permeate through whatever regional entity needs to enable this.
I am in Surrey and pushed for Dexcom to link up with my new Tandem pump. It is very good because it talks to my pump though still has issues towards the end of its lifecycle (false LOWs) so personally I wouldn't change just to get more 'accuracy'.
I would change if you are due a pump upgrade soon. My team applied for funding and I had to justify it by mentioning those 'hypos requiring assistance' although in reality I am much more concerned to have been on a 64 hba1c which is now down to 48 with some lovely flat lines in range!
Hoping it will be on prescription soon as it would be so much easier to get all meds in one place rather than relying on a hospital administrator sending off a form.
So best of luck and keep pushing at the consultant level where they should at least know what is going on.

Ipodlistener

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Idiots
There was a lot of buzz yesterday. As Dexcom one was released. So perhaps that's been the hold up for you. I'm waiting for Libre3. Not having to scan will be great!

Beanpie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry for edging in on this post, but you all seem to be very knowledgeable so I thought someone might be able to help?
I went for a diabetic review at the GP today, with the nurse. I asked about getting the dexcom and she straight up told me I couldn’t. I’m currently in the dark ages with a nexus monitor with test strips, surely I’m eligible for a flash monitor at the very least? The nurses at my GP surgery always seem very resistant to helping me get a more up to date testing system.
I’m losing the will a bit…

Emily95

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Every type 1 diabetic in England is entitled to the ones in green on that picture now. No hoops to jump through, just have to be type 1. Any obstruction then ask Partha for help, it’s his job to help type 1’s get access to the tech we deserve.

Beanpie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Every type 1 diabetic in England is entitled to the ones in green on that picture now. No hoops to jump through, just have to be type 1. Any obstruction then ask Partha for help, it’s his job to help type 1’s get access to the tech we deserve.
Thanks very much for the information! ☺️

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I feel I should clarify that it turns out that only Dexcom One is available on the NHS once the regional entities have got their act together obviously.
I have special funding for the G6 which talks to my pump so I am guessing Dexcom has done a good deal to get rid of their old sensor stocks and get into the NHS market.
Hope this eventually means that all type 1 s can have closed loop systems if they want them.

bonerp

Dexcom one is on prescription. G6 is only for certain issues like lack of awareness of hypo. Ccg funding hasn't trickled through to all NHS areas so sit tight.
Things like 'I live alone' might be helpful in getting g6 .

Seany42

I had an email from Dexcom last week saying that their product was available to T1 and T2 patients who take insulin on NHS prescription. I spoke to my diabetic nurse this week and asked about this. For Cambridgeshire the CCG has decided that our main hospital will make the decision about whether it can be prescribed or not, and they will pay for it as well. MY surgery has put a few cases forward and none have been accepted so far.

I did a search of our local CCG and it outlines there what cases will be accepted, it might be worth everyone a. searching their local CCG policy and them b. writing to them asking for a change to it.

Standard4

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Please be aware that this only applies to ENGLAND NOT Wales, Scotland etc. Nothing coming forward or discussed by the Senate, so thousands of Diabetics type 1 won’t have this available to them anytime soon, unless sponsored.

Last edited: