Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Thanks, MoonSpirit,
Annother question,
I'm still with my first sensor. It is now 10 days old ; I started it again after the end of the session on day 7.
On day 8 it said ??? and went back around 1 hour later,
On day 9 it said ??? for more than 2 hours, I stopped/started it and it works well until
On day 10 it said ??? for more than 2 hours again, I stopped /started it again and at the moment it seems to have work well for 6 hours.
My question : for people who are used to utilize their sensor during 20 days or more. Do you restart your sensor when it says ??? for some hours ?
Thanks
It sounds to me as if your sensor has had it's day. You should not be getting ???? like that.
Most sensors I don't have any ??? just the occasional ANT due to me sleeping on it.

TorqPenderloin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The other thing to consider is that your receiver or phone may be the issue.

I had much more frequent signal loss issues back when I had my old iPhone 5. Since upgrading to the 6s I've had hardly any issues with signal loss.

Note: I did have one the other night, but restarted my phone and haven't had an issue since.

MoonSpirit

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I quite regually get ???? When doing sudden strenuous work causing blood sugar to plummet very quickly.
I'm old and overweight which no doubt doesn't help.

Agree with other electronics interfering.
My iPad I have to keep well clear, especially at night can't leave the two together on the same bed side table.

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Sometimes the ??? can be caused by the transmitter not being connected correctly to the sensor, ie., you didn't hear the 2 clicks after you placed it onto the sensor, another option is water is getting onto the contacts.

Last edited by a moderator:

bguelle

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My first sensor doesn't work anymore :
I started it again after the end of the session on day 7.
On day 8 it said ??? and went back around 1 hour later,
On day 9 it said ??? for more than 2 hours, I stopped/started it and it work well for about 20 hours
On day 10 it said ??? for more than 2 hours again, I stopped /started it again and it work again well for 20 hours
Same scenario on day 11, stop/start, work well for 7 hours, ??? again stop/start and work for half an hour and ??? again.
It lasted 11 days
I changed it for my 2nd sensor.... ; hope it will last more.
Transmitter was well fixed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Diamattic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The '???' is not from rapid BS change, its from poor filament data. You get it during exercise likely because your moving around a lot and its affecting the filament placement under the skin which is causing the receiver to get 'strange' data. I can do my most intense workout and have it be fine the entire time only to get ??? as soon as i sit down and start stretching lol

I typically get an influx of ??? when my sensor is about to fail around day 17+ . I usually wait it out however long it takes even if its hours (usually its at least an hour to two) but the problem is you are supposed to calibrate it once it resumes. So if you are getting these ??? twice a day, not only are you not seeing data but your finger picking much more then youd like on a CGM. At that point i might as well not even be wearing the thing if i have to finger pick in the morning and night, before meals, and then whenever it resumes from the ??? zone..

Only once so far have I 'restarted' my sensor due to ???. It was happening a lot and the restart actually really helped. The problem with a restart though is the algorithm that occurs during the 2 hour 'startup window' reduces accuracy and sensitivity every time, so the more restarts you have then less you can rely on the CGM. So avoid restarts whenever possible, much more happens then just 2 hours of down time.

The key to long sensor life i have found is all about keeping the sensor in tightly in place and dry. Showers/baths/sweat is your enemy (for me anyway) I do my best to keep it out of direct water, and change my extra adhesive covering patch every 4-5 days to match sure its on there as solidly as possible lol