Diabetes and Graves Disease

Fayefaye1429

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi I was wondering how people cope with diabetes and another illness?

I have type one for about 17 years and I was diagnosed with Graves disease (hyperthroyidism). The graves has been challenging for many reasons and is difficult with my diabetes. I have a pump and recently got a cgm which has helped massively. I've not meet a diabetic with Graves disease. Am I alone in this?

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I know thyroid issues goes commonly alongside diabetes but I have yet to meet any personally.....

although the wife has an underactive thyroid...

what effects does the graves have on the BG management....?

Fayefaye1429

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@novorapidboi26 thank you for replying. Well only from my experience I can say. It's left my blood sugars up alot but the cgm has made my reading so much better. It can and has for me effected my feet. I've never had feet problem till the graves came. it gives brittle nails and skin so my right foot is horrible in my eyes. It also affects weight which I've had but thankfully I haven't had eye issues. The other effects aren't really diabetes effecting there just a pain I find.

Reactions: novorapidboi26

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
You might get more answers if you put "Graves disease" in your title. Now it only gets read by people who are curious what the dots stand for. Good luck!