Diabetes and NHS Scotland

Glenmac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Not sure where to post this info so have started a new thread.Having been type 2 diabetic for 16 years and living in Scotland when diagnosed,only this year was given details by a friend about the website available here. It's name is My Diabetes My Way and is available to all diabetics living in Scotland.Once registered you are able to access all the information about your own test results from diagnosis.This covers blood tests, foot and eye tests,blood pressure weight etc.These results are all presented in graph form .There is also a list of your medication and a chart for your targets.
I don't understand why I have not been given these details by my GP as the website has been available for some time and is very useful in managing diabetes,and it has been given awards!!!
I'm posting this in the hope that others on this site will find it a useful tool.I feel I've been in the dark for too long!
My own results looked good in a graph...............Diagnosed high sugars Metformin then Glicazide and then after 16 years began LCHF in December2016 and there is a dramatic dip.My chart looks like the Alps!Hope this is helpful.

Dollylolly

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
The docs thinking drugs cure all
I'm also Scotland and found it on the leaflets from the surgery but get this they didn't want me joining it and this is how I discovered I was already diabetic in 2015 not 2016 as they said.
Mine looks like the alps too lol!!!!

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I too am on this site.......

Its been useful....

I had to get permission from my nurse to join during the early stages of it.......

Glenmac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Your replies are interesting.Thankyou.I have my three monthly blood test on Monday and I plan to ask for a leaflet just to see if they have them!Iguess I've been a model patient until now,not questioning things,taking the tablets and attending appointments.However,since becoming more knowledgable thanks to this site,my DN has taken an interest in the good results of my LCHF diet and been very supportive with a meter and test strips........I just want care to improve for all type 1and 2s.:).........I know my three grandsons are at risk because of diabetes on each side of the family.

A

Avocado Sevenfold

I think MDMW is a good tool for keeping track of our test results and also for getting results before visiting nursie, but last time I looked the information was still about filling up on carbs and expecting the condition to progress.

Glenmac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think MDMW is a good tool for keeping track of our test results and also for getting results before visiting nursie, but last time I looked the information was still about filling up on carbs and expecting the condition to progress.
Yes,that is true,but like all advice,good and bad,after 16years of living with this condition,I select the sections of the site I feel useful, graphs of my blood ,weight ,blood pressure and ignore the NHS healthy ?? eating advice.How long will it take for the powers that be to change their advice I wonder?I intend to take print offs to my next clinic appointment as they speak for themselves.

Reactions: OrsonKartt