Diabetes Annual Review heart Question

Eurobuff

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi

Has anyone ever been asked in their review if they have chest pain?

I have been type 2 diabetic since 2014. I have been having an annual review every year since then. I have been seeing one of two nurses throughout this time. This time, however, one of the nurses has left and the other was on the sick. My GP surgery had drafted in an agency nurse.

Normally when I have my review I am asked a general question if I feel okay they weigh me, take my blood pressure, check my feet and I leave. This agency nurse was asking a lot of questions I’ve never been asked before. I was asked if my feet felt like I was walking over burning coals. I said I sometimes have tingling sensation, but said she specifically wanted to know if I felt like I was walking over hot coals. I assume she was checking if there could be potential neuropathy. Then she asked if I’d had any chest pain. I am wondering why she asked that? At the time I said no. Although I have had in the past but more like indigestion than pain, and normally only in the early hours of the morning. I haven’t had that for a while. So no doubt she would have said she was only asking about pain. I am just wondering if anyone else has been asked that question and what the reason could be?

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi

Has anyone ever been asked in their review if they have chest pain?

I have been type 2 diabetic since 2014. I have been having an annual review every year since then. I have been seeing one of two nurses throughout this time. This time, however, one of the nurses has left and the other was on the sick. My GP surgery had drafted in an agency nurse.

Normally when I have my review I am asked a general question if I feel okay they weigh me, take my blood pressure, check my feet and I leave. This agency nurse was asking a lot of questions I’ve never been asked before. I was asked if my feet felt like I was walking over burning coals. I said I sometimes have tingling sensation, but said she specifically wanted to know if I felt like I was walking over hot coals. I assume she was checking if there could be potential neuropathy. Then she asked if I’d had any chest pain. I am wondering why she asked that? At the time I said no. Although I have had in the past but more like indigestion than pain, and normally only in the early hours of the morning. I haven’t had that for a while. So no doubt she would have said she was only asking about pain. I am just wondering if anyone else has been asked that question and what the reason could be?
Whenever someone new takes over, permanently or temporarily, they tend to be extra thorough and check everything under the sun. They're just thorough and trying to see if nothing slipped through the cracks, and won't on their watch.

Also, having been diabetic for a while, you might develop complications eventually, and the heart could be one of the things where it might go awry. That might be all. If you're fine, you're fine. Probably just checking boxes.