1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Diabetes burnout

Discussion in 'Emotional and Mental Health' started by aileenmoore00, Jun 14, 2017.

1. aileenmoore00

aileenmoore00 Type 1 · Member

Would be great to talk to people who also feel they are struggling. I've been diabetic for 5 years. And it's hitting me hard, trying my hardest to control my diet probably isn't the greatest. I'm 17 and Personally it as had a big impact on my life physically and certainly emotionally. My annual eye screening showed my eyes have started to changed so I have quit smoking. Any advice or someone to talk to would be very much appreciated.

2. novorapidboi26

novorapidboi26 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear your struggling.....

What training have you had with regards dose adjustment/carb counting...

3. yayy

yayy Type 1 · Member

Hey! I've been diabetic for 3 years and last year has been hard. I've had trouble accepting the fact that I have diabetes and I want to hide it and not tell people about it and not inject insulin in public places etc and I'm still struggling with this a lot. And I haven't talked about it with anyone so if you need someone to talk to I'm here!

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook