Diabetes.co.uk Forum RSS Feed and Toolbar Icons

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hello! Just to let you all know we have an RSS feed for the forum here: syndication.php, so you can add it to your RSS readers (on Vista, XP sidebars, etc)...

Cheers, Dan!

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Re: Diabetes.co.uk Forum RSS Feed

Oh, forgot to say: in order to view it, add it into your RSS reader - or open it in Firefox/IE7.

Internet Explorer 6 will open this as a file, so you need to put it into an RSS reader if you want to see it in IE6. IE7 will open it correctly, too!

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Re: Diabetes.co.uk Forum RSS Feed

Oh, and in the famous words of Columbo *just one more thing*....

We've now got 2 little icons in the User toolbar up at the top - an orange RSS icon which will open the RSS feed, and the Chat icon, which will go to the chat page... they're a little more vibrant than the other icons, so you can't miss them!

8)

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Well...

This link: http://www.diabetes.co.uk/diabetes-forum/syndication.php is an RSS feed. This basically means you can use any RSS readers - like your Windows Vista sidebar (where it updates the latest news) or online RSS readers like Google Reader (and many others) to read the latest Diabetes Forum posts without actually logging onto the forum.

If you have an iPhone for example, if you have an app like Free RSS Reader, you can add the RSS link to your application and it'll update the latest Diabetes Forum posts and tell you if there are any you haven't read.

It's basically a quick way of viewing what's on the forum, without having to log on!

Took me a while to understand, but once I was explained it (a lot better than I explained it, probably) I kind of understood! :D