Diabetes Cures

sheepie123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi Folks,

There seems to be this year a massive number of successes in Diabetic cures and I believe with the Crispr being able to modify all cells that we might just have a chance of us all being cured.

Heres something promising :: https://www.upi.com/Health_News/201...s-rogue-immune-cells-to-behave/5361500055808/

This is a trial that is conducted in China and it managed to take people with T1 and make them non-insulin dependent. And with people on T2 with the disease for 15-24 years they cured 4 out of 6 people.

I have noticed alot of different cures and moves and alot of them are on small patient trials so I am hopeful by 2020 there will be something that will cure most if not all of us of this horrible condition.

Reactions: kokhongw

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
Wouldn't that be great if we could all eat an unhealthy diet full of sugar/flour and not have to worry about our blood glucose levels...

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Go gentle with the "cure" word... if it happens it's a long way off... I know I'm going to have it for life... 60 later this year...

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The only thing guaranteed to be cured by 2020 is most probably ham.
I've heard of many diabeties cures yet I'm still diabetic.

sheepie123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Wouldn't that be great if we could all eat an unhealthy diet full of sugar/flour and not have to worry about our blood glucose levels...

I get your sentiment however Blood sugars rise differently for different people so Low Carbing isnt always the way forward. If you have Stage 3 CKD you should stop eating Protein which is a primary helper in LCHF.

Sugar is still a way of life and weather we like it nor not Manufacturers are finding ways to slip it into everything we eat including Base Ingredients. But what is unhealthy eating many body builders drink protein shakes which also contain high carbs for the energy which would increase blood sugar.

sheepie123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
For those of you who arent believing in a cure for T1 and T2 lets take a look at what advances have came in the last 20 years or so.

In medical advances there have some of these.
Gastric Sleeve
Gastric Film (At top of stomach)
Duodenal Switch (Bariatric Surgery) - (Mooted to work historically but now data is available to prove this)
Islet Transplants
Insulin Pumps & Bionic Pancreas (Launched around 2012 ??)
Long Acting Insulin
Continuous Glucose Monitors

Laser Eye Surgery (Retinopathy) & Bionic Eye (Connecting retina to Circuit Board) costs £124,000 presently but is being improved to help blind people see.
Anti-Inflammatory Steroids for Eyes

And soon from apple non contact glucose monitors.

Most of this has been made in the last 20 years or so and when you think that people came from Peeing on Sticks and very unstable Insulin Injections to where we are today the advances are indeed astounding.

There is a concept in Computing known as Moores Law that predicts that every year technology will double itself both in speed and get twice as small on components as well as the cost of computing becoming cheaper. This has kept pace with modern trends.

From a technology stand point we have only just developed far enough in 2012 or so to start producing real cures for some major diseases, We have the computing power, Historical Knowledge and we well connected / educated society to share ideas / thoughts.

Knowledge is being harnessed and shared among people that never happened in the 80s where knowledge was restricted to TV, Library or Local Communities and this knowledge allows extremely clever people solve really complex problems.

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I would suggest sugar is not a way of life for me now. I can't remember the last time I ate something a manufacturer had processed by adding extra sugar. Full fat everything, butter, cheese, nuts, vegetables and yes sides of protein. I prepare and cook all my own food from raw ingredients. It keeps it simple, so I don't have to worry about what I am eating.

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
I get your sentiment however Blood sugars rise differently for different people so Low Carbing isnt always the way forward. If you have Stage 3 CKD you should stop eating Protein which is a primary helper in LCHF.

Sugar is still a way of life and weather we like it nor not Manufacturers are finding ways to slip it into everything we eat including Base Ingredients. But what is unhealthy eating many body builders drink protein shakes which also contain high carbs for the energy which would increase blood sugar.
Most CKD is the result of the same high carb diet that can result in type 2 diabetes. And an easy way to avoid the refined carbs/sugar in factory processed food is not to eat much factory processed food loaded with refined carbs/sugar.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
For those of you who arent believing in a cure for T1 and T2 lets take a look at what advances have came in the last 20 years or so.

In medical advances there have some of these.
Gastric Sleeve
Gastric Film (At top of stomach)
Duodenal Switch (Bariatric Surgery) - (Mooted to work historically but now data is available to prove this)
Islet Transplants
Insulin Pumps & Bionic Pancreas (Launched around 2012 ??)
Long Acting Insulin
Continuous Glucose Monitors

Laser Eye Surgery (Retinopathy) & Bionic Eye (Connecting retina to Circuit Board) costs £124,000 presently but is being improved to help blind people see.
Anti-Inflammatory Steroids for Eyes

And soon from apple non contact glucose monitors.

Most of this has been made in the last 20 years or so and when you think that people came from Peeing on Sticks and very unstable Insulin Injections to where we are today the advances are indeed astounding.

There is a concept in Computing known as Moores Law that predicts that every year technology will double itself both in speed and get twice as small on components as well as the cost of computing becoming cheaper. This has kept pace with modern trends.

From a technology stand point we have only just developed far enough in 2012 or so to start producing real cures for some major diseases, We have the computing power, Historical Knowledge and we well connected / educated society to share ideas / thoughts.

Knowledge is being harnessed and shared among people that never happened in the 80s where knowledge was restricted to TV, Library or Local Communities and this knowledge allows extremely clever people solve really complex problems.
But still no cure. Insulin is a life saver and the ultimate killer. I hope that one day someone will be able to bring back to life a dormant pancreas, but unless that pancreas in that body can be rebooted then I don't think they'll ever be a cure just treatment.

Reactions: MrGrumpyD

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Similar news was released in 2012
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/01/120109211827.htm
Dr Yong Zhao, from University of Illinois at Chicago, who led the multi-centre research, explained: "We also saw an improved autoimmune control in these patients. Stem Cell Educator therapy increased the percentage of regulatory T lymphocytes in the blood of people in the treatment group. Other markers of immune function, such as TGF-beta1 also improved. Our results suggest that it is this improvement in autoimmune control, mediated by the autoimmune regulator AIRE in the CBSC, which allows the pancreatic islet beta cells to recover."

The 4year followup...
This trial provided visible evidence that SCE therapy can control autoimmunity and lead to hair regrowth [34]. Thus, SCE therapy may revolutionize the clinical treatment of diabetes and other autoimmune-related diseases without the safety and ethical concerns associated with conventional stem cell-based approaches. Although SCE therapy appears to be effective, its physiological mechanisms are not fully understood in humans.
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/sctm.17-0078/full

sct312185-fig-0001.png

To explore clinical mechanisms underlying the above long-lasting therapeutic effects of SCE therapy, we analyzed the complete blood count (CBC) test results and found that platelets were elevated in diabetic patients following SCE therapy for 1 month, prompting further investigation of the possibility platelets may be responsible for some of the effects observed following SCE therapy.

@sheepie123 thanks for the post. Very interesting read.

Last edited:

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
Ok I maybe kinda new to this .... buuuuut
China ....diabetes ....cure .....maybe not
I mean I understand the science they are talking about ... but that kinda work has been down for other treatments before an u would think that they would of tried on D .... just think a pinch of salt is needed here

I'm thinking several very large bags of salt.

Reactions: MrGrumpyD

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance

My spidey senses are tingling...I detect a tiny amount of sarcasm. ;)