Diabetes depends on profession

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Even if you got the number 30 what good would that information be to you without knowing what the population size is and in comparison how many there are in other professions and their population sizes.

Following on from the logic I hypothesis that retiring causes T2 diabetes because most of the T2s are retired.

I understand what you are getting at and there may be correlation but that is generally because we sit in from of computers for long hours (far longer than normal 9 to 5) being stressed and eating junk food for boredom, stress, problem solving reasons,....

S

Shar67

It isn't just software engineers that spend long hours in front of computer screens, most modern call centres have people in front of screens for hours

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm retired and still spend hours in front of screens reading the posts on this forum! Did that come before my Type 2 I wonder.. luckily for you lot no...

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I spent hours in front of screens when I was working in Investment Banking. It was also high stress so no doubt I had tons of cortisol coursing through my system.

On the other hand I became obese in the years after I "retired" so I have no idea which was the chicken and which is the egg.

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum mobile app

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Even if you got the number 30 what good would that information be,....

Strangely enough I think the answer is 30 .....

....either that or zero !!

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum mobile app

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I wonder how many dieticians have diabetes.

Funnily enough my wife spent all of this morning in front of a computer typing up letters for the diabetes clinic.

Last edited by a moderator:

faisalayaz

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
But there is a difference in just sitting at front of screen and other one who developed systems and programming

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
There is how about me as I have done both. Also clinically speaking what is the difference. where the likely hood of developing diabetes is concerned.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I used to install hardware warehouse systems and training for Waitrose, British gas, Bridgestone tyres. Lucas foods etc...

Brain too frazzled now 20 years later to even figure out Office 16 and Msoft 10!! Let alone setting up computer systems, training and staying with staff when they went "livel....