diabetes Dietician

Niamh1

I just had a phone call from the dietician and she did not help me in any way. The whole point of the call was so I was able to talk to her about any problems but I felt that it was just a complete waist of a call she did not listen. does anybody else get these type of calls

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Things in the NHS seem to be every which way at the moment. I was called in for a health check - something I am told I have had for the last 20 years.
When I arrived I was told it was for my diabetes - something which was diagnosed in 2016.
A couple of years ago I arrived for a diabetes check and was told it was general health.
All I can suggest is mentioning it to the GP when (if) you have further contact.

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
What a shame for you. Good job you've got great info on here and on the web to answer any questions. I personally would not trust an NHS dietician to be up to speed with the low carb options as their trade body has only just updated its position statement on low carb for type 2s to say it is safe and effective.
You may be better off getting test strops and trying out which foods cause your blood sugar to rise the most. Some people love low carb, others go vegan/vegetarian but most try and steer clear of highly processed sugary/startchy foods!

TriciaWs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
The dietician I had to see after diagnosis was extremely anti low carb even though I'd already dropped from diabetic into non diabetic range (on average, my morning readings were still too high).
She wanted me to follow the Eatwell plate - carb poison for T2s.