Diabetes identification

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
I note excellent results athough not a doctor, and this is purely personal comments, I notice since the dropping of your A1C from high to now current which is very good, may I enquire have you considered or thoughts passed your mind these results are purely from the fact your taking medication ie. they are not real results but false if you look at it that way? It looks as though your situation is getting better, but in reality its not as what happens if you stop the metformin for example.

I refused Metformin to give you example, my doc refused to allow me change of lifestyle, low carb keto eating intermittent fasting 3 times a week,and exercising daily 4,00 to 10,000 steps a day 4klm up to 9klm a day depending on weather and other, this change of lifestyle resulted

lowered my A1C by 23% in 12 weeks NO MEDICATION.

My doc on viewing the results said excellent! but of course as I quote him "its understandable, the medication is working as it should keeping your sugar levels down i.e this shows up over the 3 months on the A1C testing"! How wrong was my Doc.

I had great pleasure to inform him, with no disrespect to him, I decided not to take the metformin, put them down the toilet basically, continued to take charge of my own body, which I know best, and the 23% lowered results on my A1C are due to completely 100% natural reversal of numbers, and not with assistance of a synthetic drug that can damage other organs kidneys as I am informed if true, and other, along with keeping sugar levels low, so A1C that show excellence of lowered results, when taking medication, may be the case, but the question the real question is, IS THE A1C TRUE...not really its giving false illusion that ones A1C is better, yes it may be, not by the bodys natural format of change of lifestyle, diet and exercise as was the result of my own A1C reducement.

It frustrates myself, that so many thousands of people, may be so happy to see a reduced A1C whilst on medication, the reality is another thing, and my question is and sadly it seems, NOT MANY if any take into consideration this??

Mallorca
Hi,
I'm not sure the relevance of this to my question about diabetes identification, perhaps you posted it in the wrong place?

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Hi Pollensa
You have posted a similar comment in reply to one of my previous posts. Here is a copy of my reply to you then (with weight loss figures updated). My thoughts remain the same. Could you please refrain from bothering to type your thoughts on my posts again. As I said before we’ll have to agree to differ.
“I put a lot of effort into controlling my blood sugar levels, I count my carb intake very accurately (50-70g/day), I test very regularly to check if my body isn’t tolerating something I’ve eaten. I don’t eat pasta, rice, normal bread or cereals. Metformin does very little to lower blood glucose levels and my levels do not spike and dip dramatically so I have faith that my HbA1c is an accurate reflection of my readings. It has also helped me lose 31.4kg easily, which will help too. I’m happy to take Metformin for the small amount it helps my blood sugar by stalling liver dump and helping ease insulin resistance, and also for the other benefits it gives. Fasting doesn’t suit me, I’ve tried it, my blood glucose levels just rise until I eat! I tested that recently when I fasted for my blood test.
I’m happy with the way I’m dealing with my Diabetes and you’re obviously happy with your way and thus we have to agree to differ.”
Hi, I'm not sure of the relevance of this to my question on wearing diabetes identification, perhaps posted on the wrong thread?

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi, I'm not sure of the relevance of this to my question on wearing diabetes identification, perhaps posted on the wrong thread?
Sorry to derail your thread :sorry: I just needed to respond to Pollensa.

Ladybird1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hiya,
A simple question
Do you wear anything which identifies you as being diabetic?

I don't but don't know if I should, thanks Sue

I have a tattoo on my left wrist with a Medic Alert sign and on the underside of my wrist is Diabetic Type 1. The medical profession take the pulse on the left wrist, that's why I had it on my left. I'll always be a Diabetic like I'll always have the tattoo. It won't break like a bracelet has in the past, I can't loose it either, for me it's the best thing I have ever done

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I have a SOS talisman bracelet on the insert I list all my conditions including diabetes and any medication I take.

D

Deleted member 308541

I have a SOS talisman bracelet on the insert I list all my conditions including diabetes and any medication I take.
Same as me on the Quoll ID.

T2 is way down the list after AFib and COPD, Metformin comes behind Digoxin and Xarelto and the rest of my heart medication.