Diabetes Insipidus

Shax72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Anyone have any info ?..... my youngest girl has an incredible thirst.... BG's are normal after food intake. But she can drink for England and pee like a dressmakers dummy !!!!! She sweats a lot during sleep and gets grouchy quite often..... any help would be great ..... ta much !!!!

ebony321

Dislikes
Tomatoes, Rude people, Bees!
Hi,

if your daughter has these symptoms the best advice i can give is to take her to the doctors as soon as you can, diabetes or not it needs to be seen to!

Keep her drinking lots of water to keep her hydrated in the meantime and if she seems very ill, starts to be sick, loses conciousness or complains of stomach pains call the NHS helpline for advice or take her to the emergency room.

hope you get to the bottom of it all super quick :)

Shax72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks ebony,

Its a worrying thing seeing the symptoms - I'm kinda hoping its just a desire for juice as a lot of kids seem to dislike water so much !!.....She was drinking water last night under protest which mebe suggests habit rather than illness !! Still keeping a very close on on things tho........

ebony321

Dislikes
Tomatoes, Rude people, Bees!
Shax72 said:
Thanks ebony,

Its a worrying thing seeing the symptoms - I'm kinda hoping its just a desire for juice as a lot of kids seem to dislike water so much !!.....She was drinking water last night under protest which mebe suggests habit rather than illness !! Still keeping a very close on on things tho........

It's no problem at all :)

Stick with your instinct and keep an eye on her, may just be a kid thing like you say

good luck with whatever happens :)