Type 2 Diabetes Management

Reemap

Hello Everyone,

I am T2 and not on any medicines or insulin. last 6 months HBA1c is in non-diabetic ranges . When I was diagnosed it was 7.0.. later 4.2 and now latest its 5.1 which was done in This month. My question is if I continue to low carb lifetime will diabetes be in control or they say diabetes is a progressive disease. Will it get severe over years?

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
In all likelihood, no

VashtiB

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi- I don't know the answer to your question but my view is that I can't do anything better than low carb (okay maybe I could do more exercise) so I will continue to do that. Hopefully that will mean it isn't progressive but I can't do anything better.

I suspect the medical professions view of diabetes is based on their.advice of eating a 'healthy' amount of carbs- certainly my doctor did not expect me to Brin g my HbA1c back into normal range within 3 months.

Reactions: Tophat1900

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello Everyone,

I am T2 and not on any medicines or insulin. last 6 months HBA1c is in non-diabetic ranges . When I was diagnosed it was 7.0.. later 4.2 and now latest its 5.1 which was done in This month. My question is if I continue to low carb lifetime will diabetes be in control or they say diabetes is a progressive disease. Will it get severe over years?
If you keep at it with the low carb, you should be fine.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Different people develop T2 at different rates and for different reasons (genetics, lifestyle, other health conditions, stress and eating habits all play a part). So no one can know what the future has in store for you.

fortunately, low carb seems to play a helpful part in T2 in either halting, slowing or ‘reversing’ the insulin resistance and raised blood glucose levels.

I’m afraid that only time (and sticking to low carb) will reveal what it will do for you over the next few decades.

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello Everyone,

@Reemap I have managed to maintain my hba1c at non diabetic levels for 7 years on approx 100 - 130g carbs per day. At the moment all is ok re blood sugar, eyes etc so hopefully it will continue.