Diabetes T2 and steroids cream

Elenas

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Today discussing my Insulin Resistance problem in a facebook group, one member talk about steroid and the impact that application of steroid cream in the skin can raised blood sugar and create Insulin problem. Steroid cream is transdermal so it gets into the bloodstream.
I want to know if there is any research about this ? Or if anyone have knowledge about it?

I'm using high dose of steroid cream to heal my chronic eczema since birth, and have developed few month ago at 31 of age Insulin Resistance even though I don't really cop with the "standard" diagnosis of pre T2 ( I'm low weight and always been active and ate healthy food + not a single history of diabetes in my family).

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
chronic eczema since birth

I am sure if you are living with eczema, you may already have heard of the cream but figured there is no harm in mentioning... my daughter had eczema at birth, and we were asked to put steroid cream but we both just did not want to expose her to steroids at such an early age, and so we looked for alternatives. In the process we came across a very experienced doctor for alternative therapies who suggested that we use the Chickweed cream. It is easily available on Amazon and regular use helped a lot. Fortunately she does not suffer with it any more.

Elenas

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you for the answer, I think we try almost everything yes . Unfortunately when it severely rush only cortisone calm it or eventually I have good success with phototherapy as well.

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Today discussing my Insulin Resistance problem in a facebook group, one member talk about steroid and the impact that application of steroid cream in the skin can raised blood sugar and create Insulin problem. Steroid cream is transdermal so it gets into the bloodstream.
I want to know if there is any research about this ? Or if anyone have knowledge about it?

I'm using high dose of steroid cream to heal my chronic eczema since birth, and have developed few month ago at 31 of age Insulin Resistance even though I don't really cop with the "standard" diagnosis of pre T2 ( I'm low weight and always been active and ate healthy food + not a single history of diabetes in my family).
Not sure of the source veracity of this report so cannot vouch for it being valid information
https://diabetesed.net/do-topical-steroids-increase-risk-of-diabetes/

This one is a more reliable source
https://care.diabetesjournals.org/content/early/2019/03/29/dc18-2158

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you for the answer, I think we try almost everything yes . Unfortunately when it severely rush only cortisone calm it or eventually I have good success with phototherapy as well.
I use Betnovate cream a couple a times a week and have not noticed any issues with my BS.