1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

diabetes type 1 (my new wife)

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by s1a2m3, Mar 6, 2009.

1. s1a2m3

s1a2m3 · Member

hi all

last night i couldnt sleep.. so i compared diabetes 1 with wife.(though i m single).. . it doesnt want me 2 drink, or smoke,,
    wants 2 look after myself and sometimes .. makes me sweat some nights with a hypo..
    most of all gona stay with me 4 da rest of my life,, giving me complications..
    i cant even get divorced...
    lol :x :x

2. sugarless sue

sugarless sue · Master

Welcome to the forum,Sam. One consolation,you can actually control diabetes,something you can't do with a wife! :lol:

3. KimSuzanne

KimSuzanne · Well-Known Member

You are now man and diabetes - there is another consolation it won't elbow in the ribs when you snore, take all the covers and 75% of the bed whilst aleep. And it doesn't take up all the wardrobe spece with shoes, handbags and coats!

4. EricD

EricD · Well-Known Member

Type 1s get their own forum but us Type 2s get blamed for our condition by everyone. :evil: :cry: :lol:

5. totsy

totsy Type 1 · Well-Known Member

hya and welcome to the forum :D

6. Jen&Khaleb

Jen&Khaleb · Well-Known Member

Remember this ...

Happy Wife, Happy Life!!!

Welcome to the forum.

I'm a mother with a 2 yr old T1. Today (and yesterday) he is sick so I've had about 3 hours sleep. Lucky his father left me when he was 10 weeks old or I'd be getting pretty cranky about now. Spent all day yesterday keeping his blood sugar up with sugar in his bottle and today I'm diluting his bottle of milk and near doubling his insulin. His bs is still 19 but coming down.

Hope everyone else is having a better day.

Jen.

7. Sweet3x

Sweet3x · Well-Known Member

Poor Jen :(
    Hope by now it's all sorted. I can't imagine how difficult it must be for you. It was hard enough for my mum, and I was 12 when I got it. Can't even say 'hope it gets better soon' since well .. ok, the control should get better, I guess :) I hope you have people around to talk to, when it gets tough :)

8. acko

acko · Member

I luv it - very funny. (Unlike the Wife) It does all those things but as I am beginning to understand, you can't fight it but you can live well on it.

I joined today and I am already enthused.

Good luck

PS

Jen you have my total respect. I complain about my T1 and you have put it into context. I hope today is a much better day for you and Khaleb.

Take Care

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook