1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Diabetes UK Big Collection at Tesco Stores

Discussion in 'Diabetes Discussions' started by SophiaW, Jul 11, 2013.

1. SophiaW

SophiaW Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Just wanted to see if anyone here will be volunteering to help collect funds at one of the Tesco stores later this year? I'll be volunteering at the Guildford store on 6th October 10am-1pm, if anyone wants to join my shift it would be nice to meet up or if you're in the area maybe stop by and wave hello :D

http://www.diabetes.org.uk/Tesco/Big-Co ... ollection/

2. mrman

mrman Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi well done u, hope it all goes well. Did enquire about doing a shift but the two local ones to me one being an extra wernt listed :(. My wife has ben doing her part though asking customers to donate a pound extra to their shopping as they are doing that part of It. She got a good few pounds in the kitty :)

Sent from my GT-S5360 using DCUK Forum mobile app

3. SophiaW

SophiaW Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Glad to hear your wife is pointing out the collection tub, I noticed at our Tesco they're kind of out of sight at the till so I think most people don't notice it's there which is a shame.

4. Robinredbreast

Robinredbreast Type 1 · Oracle

My daughters Guide unit are helping with customers bag packing, tomorrow at our local town Tesco. It's a brilliant cause :thumbup:

RRB :)

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook