Diabetes Village in Leicester

Roulis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi everyone

I hope you are all well.

I've just been watching a debate in the Parliament on TV regarding Diabetes Type 1 and Type 2. Keith Vaz, the MP for Leicester, said that they are in the process of setting up a 'Diabetes Village', which will be a 1 stop shop for all diabetes tests - you will be able to walk in which will deal with all aspects of diabetes, from testing, education, well - being, mental health, physical activity and training etc... I was amazed to hear how high on the government's agenda diabetes is. They were even suggesting that they should change the name of the different types of diabetes so that everyone fully understands. Best Wishes to all. Theo

Reactions: Juicyj and ziggy_w

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Sounds promising :)

Reactions: Roulis

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi everyone

I hope you are all well.

I've just been watching a debate in the Parliament on TV regarding Diabetes Type 1 and Type 2. Keith Vaz, the MP for Leicester, said that they are in the process of setting up a 'Diabetes Village', which will be a 1 stop shop for all diabetes tests - you will be able to walk in which will deal with all aspects of diabetes, from testing, education, well - being, mental health, physical activity and training etc... I was amazed to hear how high on the government's agenda diabetes is. They were even suggesting that they should change the name of the different types of diabetes so that everyone fully understands. Best Wishes to all. Theo

There's a lot of interesting and innovative stuff happening in Leicester. The Diabetes Centre and NIHR are highly respected, with 2 of the professors allegedly amongst the global top 10 experts in diabetes.

Reactions: Roulis

Roulis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only