Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Anything specific you need advice on? What type of diabetes do you have? Are you on medication?
Hello and welcome by the way!

Reactions: ziggy_w

VashtiB

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello and welcome,

You have come to the right place for advice and support.

It would be helpful to let us know a little bit about yourself. Have you been diagnosed as a type 1 or type 2 or other type? Have you been put on any medication? Do you have a glucose level meter? What advice have you been given?

I found when I was diagnosed I felt very emotional- it was overwhelming. The help and support I received here made all the difference. It is totally normal to feel emotional sad and many other feelings. It is totally normal to feel overwhelmed and feel like you don't even know where to start.

My first piece of advice is that things will get better. Many people here can honestly say that the diagnosis together with the information on this site as to how to deal with their diagnosis resulted in their lives improving

My second piece of advice is that you really need a meter and at least at the beginning you need to test your levels frequently. If you test before and (2 hours) after a meal you will know what effect the meal had on your levels. You can then adjust what you eat. You need to reduce all carbs- not just sugars

Welcome- keep posting and reading. There is a lot of information, help and support here.