Diabetic and now have celiacs disease

conniecar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ha ha One Cal only available in lemon and lime at our chemist! Also Skels? Weird sweets? Also remember the gun, so do my legs. X

Reactions: Tony337

conniecar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Do you know, all of your posts have helped me. I’ve struggled with the gluten free thing ( only been a week ) as it’s coincided with a holiday to Edinburgh. We’ve traipsed in and out of cafes looking for low sugar AND gf, or sometimes hypo stuff in a rush as I’ve also been told to rotate my injection sites a bit better so that’s worked but in a shocking way. I’ve been fed up and panicky but it’s good to have advise from people who also have both. I’ve got to face work now and tell them as well as epilepsy,diabetes,dupytrens, thyroid disease I’ve now got osteoporosis and coeliacs. Onward and upward x

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Do you know, all of your posts have helped me. I’ve struggled with the gluten free thing ( only been a week ) as it’s coincided with a holiday to Edinburgh. We’ve traipsed in and out of cafes looking for low sugar AND gf, or sometimes hypo stuff in a rush as I’ve also been told to rotate my injection sites a bit better so that’s worked but in a shocking way. I’ve been fed up and panicky but it’s good to have advise from people who also have both. I’ve got to face work now and tell them as well as epilepsy,diabetes,dupytrens, thyroid disease I’ve now got osteoporosis and coeliacs. Onward and upward x
@conniecar your bone density will probably increase when your GF diet allows your gut to heal and absorb calcium properly. After 2 years, my bone density had increased by 7%. At a Coeliac UK Glasgow branch meeting, I asked a visiting consultant gastro-enterologist if I could expect a further increase. He said it would increase further as my gut continued to heal and absorb nutrients much better than before.

I am still in the osteoporotic range but I'm ever hopeful, even if I am getting on a bit.